Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on containers for tea, sugar, coffee, other dry granular things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on containers for tea, sugar, coffee, other dry granular things.

Hi Folks!
    I've got several camping trips lined up this summer and one thing I absolutely cannot do without is my morning and evening tea. I use loose tea in tea balls, and I'm looking for some way to carry the loose tea, sugar, and what-have-you along with me on trips. What I originally had in mind were the shiny metal 12oz cans with a lid you can pry off and seal back on. For the life of me I cannot find any such things anywhere, so I'm guessing they're no longer made. I'm curious what others are using to pack their loose tea, sugar, coffee, flour, etc, etc. My key concerns are keeping the stuff dry, keeping bugs out, and being resistant to spilling if tossed into a backpack.

Re: Advice on containers for tea, sugar, coffee, other dry granular things.

I use ziplock bags and throw them in a folgers coffee container. I'm sure there are much better and nifty applications though.

Comment

We use an assortment of different items such as lightweight loc-n-locs and small plastic(watertight) screw top containers from Wal-mart. In-expensive but durable is the way to go for us.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Those cans you want are still made in a varity of sizes, but you might want to take a look at Nalgene containers sold at EMS and REI. We use them for everything from vegetable oil to Essence spices.
        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Got a few of those resealable cans in Amazon. I got a package of 24 1-pint cans for about $50.

Comment

Originally posted by lizrfoust View Post
            Got a few of those resealable cans in Amazon. I got a package of 24 1-pint cans for about $50.
            You are my new hero, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :cool:

Comment

Try a paint store, most sell empty ones.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                Those cans you want are still made in a varity of sizes, but you might want to take a look at Nalgene containers sold at EMS and REI. We use them for everything from vegetable oil to Essence spices.
                TP is on to something. the Nalgene wide mouth bottle would be great for these kinds of tasks.
                2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

You're welcome, radioguy. Happy to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X