Colman Max folding camp chairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colman Max folding camp chairs

I do a lot of sitting while fishing and I haven't had much success with most of the camp chairs and ran across the Colman Max chair and it looks to be heavy duty enough to hold up.

I was wondering if any one have them in use.

Re: Colman Max folding camp chairs

We'll just chalk this up as a life lesson and the Coleman company won't be getting any more of our money. If you're in the market for folding camping chairs, avoid anything branded as Coleman. Well, unless you just need a chair for about 6 months.
    DO NOT be found in a camping tents while being out. Just walk,run,fly in the hug of nature.:D

Comment

Cabelas sells some really good fold up chairs. Check them out you won't be disappointed.

Comment

2 seasons back after realising the fold up chairs from WM, drugstores and dollar stores would only last a season at best, I began a search for a comfortable "posture positive" chair that folds easily and would last longterm.

I found what I was looking for at REI:

http://www.rei.com/product/783457/gc...-lounger-chair

Not inexpensive for the initial outlay yet when I think of the money wasted seasonally for constant chair replacement it should pay for itself in a few seasons.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

That is a good looking chair NYCgrrl. Well I went ahead and got the Colman Max ones their rated at 280 weight limit and have real hinge points and I believe I will get several seasons out of them. Being as I use them on a pontoon boat fold up size is a issue so Ill give these a try
          And unfortunately Coleman like a lot of other company's are running on their reputation and not product durability, but Colman still has a lot of good stuff.

Comment

Being "Bigger than the average bear", I like the Coleman MAX chairs - I now have three of them! Tried a similar chair sold by Tractor Supply, but the arm broke the first time I used it. Go with the "MAX"!
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

MH and BigD, thanks for the heads up on the Coleman Max. Eventually, I'll need to get more chairs cuz it's kinda mean fer me and the SO to sit comfy whilst camp guests are regulated to the picnic benches:cool:.
              2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
              Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Thought I would sort of report back. I got 2 of them to try out, They are used on the front deck of my pontoon boat mainly for fishing but also when I have guests aboard. Any way my normal fishing trip is me at 250 and my friend at 260 and 2 to 8 hours of sitting in them. The cheep chairs last about 1 trip before they start breaking, these have stood up got 8 trips now and are in perfect shape, nothing has broken or showing any signs of wear.

Comment

I have had mine for 2 years now and have used it for everything from sitting on the front and back beck to picnics to camping 3-4 times a year here in Michigan. I beat the crap out of the thing and it is working great. As for people saying Colman products are not good I disagree. These chairs are hard to find now where I live seeing how good they are.
                  Schmoo.

Comment

Working...
                  X