Sleeping Bag Zipper Replacement Help in Los Angeles County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Bag Zipper Replacement Help in Los Angeles County

Our double sleeping bag has a bad zipper. I have bought two new zippers, but have changed my mind about sewing them in myself. The job seems a little above my skill level on a machine, and hand-sewing it would be very time-consuming.

Can anyone recommend someone in El Lay County to do it for me? I know anyone skilled with a sewing machine can do it, but I would prefer someone experienced with a track record on sleeping bags.

Several friends have recommended Wilderness Workshop on N Fig, but the number is no longer good. I know of no other outdoor gear in the area. The local stores all refer me to Windy Pass in Seattle. I have used them, but they are slow and expensive, particularly the shipping.

I am really desperate, as we are very fond of these bags. What I call a double bag is really two single bags zipped together. One is thick and one is thin, so this combination serves us well in just about all temperatures, and we are loathe to replace it.

Re: Sleeping Bag Zipper Replacement Help in Los Angeles County

Well, I have answered my own request for help.

For my sleeping bag zipper replacement, I have located Wilderness Workshop (again). She is no longer on N Fig, but is operating out of her home nearby. The address is 1216 Linda Rosa Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90041. Phone is 323 456 2054 pending cell phone problem resolution.

Comment

I am happy to report that she did a great job for us. She really knows her craft, and is reasonable.

Comment

Glad you got it repaired. I'll only answer in case some one else may need repair that this could help. I had a relatively inexpensive down bag that the zipper cratered in, I ended up buying a snap setting tool (hammer powered) and set medium size snaps all along beside the dead zipper at about 4" intervals. It worked out well, and I coud open it from the bottom for ventilation if I wanted to.

Comment

Working...
        X