Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of these portable camping grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of these portable camping grills?

Hello, I am looking for personal opinions on these grills, that's why I registered to campingforums.com :cool:

I came across this site from google, because I am looking for a solid camping grill
    http://confirmedbest.com/outdoors-an...camping-grill/

What would you all say about the grills they have listed?

1. Coleman PerfectFlow Insta Start Grill Stove
    2. Weber 386002 Q 100 Portable Grill
    3. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petite Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill

I am mainly looking at either #1 or #2. I dont think I am interested in #3 unless someone can provide information otherwise.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Re: What do you think of these portable camping grills?

An opinion, for what it's worth...
    Coleman Perfectflow - complete waste of money, uneven heating and difficult cleanup. .
    Weber Q100 - a heavy, expensive grill that heats evenly and stands at the top of the heap when it comes to portable grills.
    Cuisinart - Just not seen in these parts out west so cannot comment.
    I've had nothing but disappointments with the Coleman grill lineup in portables and would never get one again. Hope other folks have had better luck with them as I do like the brand.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Too bad your list doesn't include the best camping grill ever, here is a link to some prices first:

http://www.nextag.com/Camp-Chef/box-grill/brand-html#!

http://www.campchef.com/accessories/grill-boxes.html

Basically in a nutshell, this is just the best way to cook outdoors. One can simmer cook, cook with low even heat. Unlike the choices provided in the original question, before I would throw-down a dollar for those over-priced grills such as the Coleman Perfectflow, the Weber or even the Cuisinart, do yourself a favor and check out Camp Chef. It's what we use all the time!

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Good point HS, the real problem with the three fine selections that were originally posted is that they are fine for using on your backyard table under light use. But if you want something that will last, easy to clean and will stand up to the abuse of camping is the Camp Chef Grill(3) burner & Grill Box. The Grill Box is a separate unit that has a generous area for absorbing grease from foods and cleaning can be done at home. The Camp Chef Grill housing is well constructed and has it's own legs so not to take up space on a picnic table. But the option to use it on a table is left up to the user! We have had our Camp Chef Grill now 5 years and nothing before has ever made me or my wife happier. The Camp Chef Oven is made the same way, for toughness and has two stove burners on top. But let me say that camp cooking is based on what foods one plans to cook and some things like my wine induced T-Bone Steak just tastes better cooked over an open fire with Mesquite Wood!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Wow guys, thanks for the honest advice. Will definitely look into something different.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
            An opinion, for what it's worth...
            Coleman Perfectflow - complete waste of money, uneven heating and difficult cleanup. .
            Weber Q100 - a heavy, expensive grill that heats evenly and stands at the top of the heap when it comes to portable grills.
            Cuisinart - Just not seen in these parts out west so cannot comment.
            I've had nothing but disappointments with the Coleman grill lineup in portables and would never get one again. Hope other folks have had better luck with them as I do like the brand.
            Out of these choices it's really hard to make a decision to be quite honest.

Comment

Well, I am going to be the odd ball of the bunch. Not that I disagree with Camp Chef, I have one and it is by far better than Coleman etc. I however, have become a devotee of the Volcano II collapsible stove. I can cook over charcoal or wood (even in burn bans) which is my preferred fuel for grilling or I can use propane. With a little bit of foil for drippings it is a breeze to clean up. It is small and compact, with a carrying case. I also use it for Dutch Oven cooking and baking biscuits etc. Check out the site, watch a video or two. If you are afraid it is all company "hype" the go out to you tube and check out some average folks using it, not the company videos and these folks have been around for 20+ years.

If you are trying to cook hamburgers or steaks for a crowd the 144 sq in cooking surface might be small. I can easily cook for 5 folks. If I need more space to say cook steaks on the grill and cook/heat some veggies, boil water etc. then I use my Camp Chef Everest 2 two burner stove along with the volcano. The combined weight of the two stoves is about 36 ins, 26 lbs. for the volcano, and 12 lbs for the Everest. The street cost for the Everest is about $95.00, the volcano with propane about $150, you can buy the volcano without the propane for less.

If you are cooking for the masses then a bigger Camp Chef's are the bomb.

We use it around the house for canning outdoors so as not to heat up the kitchen and for all purpose grilling and outdoor cooking including dutch over and wok.

http://www.volcanogrills.com/collaps...-catagory-page

No I am not related or paid by volcano I was skeptic till I watched some you tube and took a chance. My several hundred dollar Weber Genesis grill sits idle in it's cover. My trusty little Aussie charcoal grill was given to a friend. My fish fryer still gets used for fish and turkey because I like to use a bigger pot with more oil in it than I am comfortable putting on the Volcano.

Comment

One drawback of the Volcano is the flame control on the propane, you can adjust it, but not very well. A Camp Chef is a much better choice when needing precise flame/heat control.

Comment

Just noticed that Cabela's has the two burner Camp Chef Explore stove on sale until Monday if it is on anybody's wish list.

Comment

Working...
                  X