Camping at a gas station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping at a gas station

Several years ago I was traveling around South America, to save costs I did a lot of camping. In Brazil you can camp at gas stations. It was very strange putting your tent up behind the station, buying food from the station shop, using the bathroom facilities then chatting with the locals in very bad Spanish.

Anyone else tried this?

Re: Camping at a gas station

I haven't, but then again around here you can go 100 miles with out seeing a gas station...LOL
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

I read about other people doing it in Mexico but I've never tried it. I'll bet you got some very 'interesting' meals from the gas station stores.

Comment

Too many transients and other strangers around for my taste..... On my motorcyle forums, sometimes a member will welcome another well-regarded member to pitch camp at their place, while traveling or in need of doing repairs. If you have some similar forum interests, maybe see if a member might let you do so in an area you want to visit? I once visited with a member here and his good wife when they took my suggestion for a local campground I was familiar with too. We had a pretty good time.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Dawg, good buddy! That's the point of the thread started a couple of months ago entitle "Campateer Surfing!" It was Eaglebait's idea originally and if you're ever in my neighborhood of Utah, you or any regular member can park and be our guest for up to 7 days! Shoot me a private message when you're in the vicinity and we can exchange numbers and directions! It's almost always good when good campers meet, even if it is on your way somewhere! We got, a well stocked bar, two guest rooms with private baths, laundry-room and friendship! My curb is 75' long and if you wanna stay in your trailer or rig I'll provide the extension cords!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
            Several years ago I was traveling around South America, to save costs I did a lot of camping. In Brazil you can camp at gas stations. It was very strange speedboat putting your tent up behind the station, buying food from the station shop, using the bathroom facilities then chatting with the locals in very bad Spanish.

Anyone else tried this?
            I've never heard of people doing this but it sounds very unique and interesting.
            Last edited by Pickled_Sour; 05-02-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by don89048 View Post
              I read about other people doing it in Mexico but I've never tried it. I'll bet you got some very 'interesting' meals from the gas station stores.
              Not to mention that it is a little frightening..

Comment

Originally posted by don89048 View Post
                Just don't drink the water.......
                Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
                X