Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more time: Does this make sense for campfires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more time: Does this make sense for campfires?

Sorry guys: I should have read the rules before I posted. (Duh.) So let's try this again WITHOUT the links!

I've developed a hand-held, battery powered blower called FiAir that gets wood-burning fireplaces blazing in about two minutes and gets charcoal white hot in about 8-12. I'm wondering if campers would be interested in using a tool of this kind for fast kindling and easy stoking of campfires? Any thoughts? We've just started a crowd funding campaign to manufacture it in America and we've had good feedback from backyard grillers, tailgaters and fireplace users. But we want your advice on whether it would appeal to outdoor enthusiasts. It's totally portable, very lightweight, uses 2 AA batteries. Seems like a good alternative to bending and blowing on kindling! But you tell me. Thanks for any opinions you can offer. And sorry for screwing up my first post!

Re: One more time: Does this make sense for campfires?

If you do decide to market your product, I strongly suggest that you apply for preferred vendor status. If not and links continue they will be moved to the unapproved vendor section and those only last five(5)days then they disappear forever.

As to my opinion it's just another item to pack and if one builds a campfire right in the first place, taking in wind direction and the purpose of one's fire, seems like more of a bother than what it's worth.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Yes, we understand the ban on links...that won't happen again. And thanks also for your thoughts on the product. Appreciate it...

Alan

Comment

There are all kinds of mini-blowers and fans out their..the ones you refer to are typically cooling fans with relatively weak motors and, at that price, probably not very durable. But, hey, people try all kinds of things to do a job. Including me! I probably bought every bellows, blower, tube and hand-cranked contraption on the market to cut the wait for charcoal at the grill and to do less bending and blowing at my fireplace. When I couldn't find what I wanted, I developed FiAir and its airflow and tapered shape are perfect for the job of kindling close and stoking from a distance. Price point is $29.99, by the way.

Comment

That would be a great product indeed... I want to see the picture/image of the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrod01 View Post
            That would be a great product indeed... I want to see the picture/image of the product.
            Hi Jarrod, I hope I have uploaded a photo of FiAir in use at a charcoal grill with this reply. Never sure what's going on in cyberspace. If you'd like to communicate off-forum, please feel free to email me: chief@fiair.netClick image for larger version

Name:	fiair-at-grill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69603 We have heard from lots of folks in Australia and would love to hear your thoughts, as well. Thanks... Alan

Comment

Working...
            X