My wife has no more excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife has no more excuses

When my wife and I were just dating, she'd go camping with me all the time. We got married and I have to bring her to the point of killing me to agree to go just to shut me up. Every year, I ask what I can do to make it more accommodating for her. Keep in mind, she goes with me kicking and screaming and on the trip home all she can talk about is when we go next time. Her last few requests have to do with my liking to partake in dispersed camping in the coastal range mountains in NW Oregon. I'm not a huge fan of campgrounds due to cost of a site, disrespectful people, loud music, and loud drunks(I like to drink, but I dislike loud drinkers). I have to suffer the campground if we go because she dislikes going to the bathroom in the woods and she prefers a nice shower.

Well, her final request was to have a toilet and a hot shower and she'll go whenever i want. So..... my Texsport Deluxe Camp Shower - Shelter Combo, Century 5.2 Gal. Portable Toilet, and Zodi Hot Tap HP Double Burner Shower and Water Heater just came in today. Boy, was she surprised! Well, she submitted to my perseverance and admitted she no longer has any excuses. Looks like this next Summer is going to be the best in years. The kids are PUMPED!

I have been into backpack camping since we moved up here from Texas and my son can carry most of his own gear. I had to spend a lot of money on lightweight, compact gear for this. I almost sold my car camping gear to pay for my new way of camping. I'm glad i didn't sell a thing. We have our 3 room tent, our 12X12 canopy, Camp Chef propane cooker, cast iron pans and Dutch ovens, insulated air mattresses, and now our new bathroom. I have run out of things to buy. Ok, not quite. Now I can start upgrading! I'd love to get a nice canvas wall tent and a wood stove/heater for cooler weather camping. I'm just not sure I'll be able to talk her in to allowing me to spend another $1000 on "something we need."

I know I'm rambling. I'm just giddy that I can finally have a happy family in the outdoors. It's like a hole in my heart. An emptiness inside me. The torture of not being able to have the whole family partake in the one thing that relaxes me and brings me true happiness. I'm sure most of y'all can relate.
Working...
X