OMG I scored!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG I scored!!!!

I answered a post on Longmont Freecycle that was giving away Unused (mostly) camping gear. I thought it would be good for my son, so I decided to try and get it. Ended up being lucky. I didn't realize what I had picked up until I got home.
    A Coleman two mantle gas latern. I managed to find out how to date it and it is from 3/88. It is made of solid steel and marked "Made in the USA" on it. This thing is so pristine that it still has the original paperwork in it. The thing has never even been used.
    A Coleman two Burner camp stove. It runs of coleman fuel (same as the latern). This has been used, maybe once. It looks like they opened the box, test fired it and put it back in the box. It is real steel, folds up like a suitcase and has no scratches. It is marked 4/77.
    Also a New in Box Visa potty. This is the 4 gallon version and it actuallly flushes. The wife said we will have to look at it and maybe clean it real well. Turns out it is still wrapped in the plastic and has the original sample of "Liquid Gold" toilet deodorizer in it. Never been used. This item will be worked into the camping gear. The others will be held on for display in my future man cave. I am so stocked about this stuff. I will try and post pictures soon.
    The wife said Merry early Christmas, and that I looked like a kid on Christmas morning.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: OMG I scored!!!!

HoHoHo! What a find! Merry Camping Christmas!!!!!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

That sounds wonderful! My mom still has a 1966 popup camper and I have been making sure that my siblings don't think the equipment is junk and try to toss it. Lots of 60's and 70's Coleman items.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Way to go.... awesome deals
        "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Wow, you really did score. With the Coleman stove and the Coleman lantern, you really have the heartbeat of comfortable car or canoe camping. With a tent and a couple of sleeping bags, you are all set to go!

Congratulations

Comment

Working...
          X