Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from South Texas

Hello everyone!

My name is Frank and I live in Deep South Texas. Down by the river. I haven't been camping much since I got married in 2000. My sons recently joined the Cub/Boy Scouts and we have been camping 3 times with the Scouts. I really really enjoyed it and my sons are loving every minute. So now, I want to plan some camping trips with my family and maybe some friends and their kids. I forgot how great camping was, and how much better it is with my kids and wife coming along. I stumbled on this forum while looking for info on how to take a little gear as possible but still making it comfortable for my wife and daughter. I hope yall will excuse my newbieness.:o Thanks!

-Frank

Re: New guy from South Texas

Welcome Cool Arrow! Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy one! Please be advised that your 1st to 6 posts are moderated then after that you're pretty much golden in these parts! Enjoy!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Great to hear the kids are loving the outdoors. Wife too for that matter. I can't get my wife out for anything... she won't go without the AC or the runnin water...LOL.
      "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Welcome Cool Arrow.

Comment

Welcome. Camping even fairly primitively is a great family activity. My girls who are now grown and gone half grew up in a tent cooking over the fire with me and my late wife. Lots of fond memories from those days for all of us.

Comment

Working...
          X