Coleman Stoves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Stoves

Ihave an older Colemand Stove, I have heard that the have difficulty operating at higher altitudes. I am planning a camping rip to Colorado this summer and was wondering if this is true. If so will a propane conversion kit take care of that problem? Thanks for your time in advance.

Re: Coleman Stoves

Thank you. I am kind of a novice for CO so just wanted to make sure! the Cole man is 20years old and I jus went through it and replaced all I could! Thanks again!

Comment

I live in CO and have used propane up to 10,000' and never had a problem. Where are you planning on camping at and what elevation?
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

We have gone a couple of times the first we went by Montezuma which we figured we were close to 10,000 and then ast year we went west of Boulder (Camp Dick) There we were closer to 8,000

Comment

Peaceful Valley (the campground you drove through) was the site of my first Rocky Mountain camping trip. We ride atv's up in that area all the time. Did you make it up to the plane crash?
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Sonar, welcome to our humble little forum! Just for info, your first six posts(those threads which you reply to) or threads(question or something started by you) are moderated for safety sake. There isn't any spam on this site and very little spammers. Sometimes the wolf gets by but is soon enough detected! True campers are honest by golly and we are happy to have you sittin at the campfire shootin your experiences off! Please just be patient through this moderation period, then your posts/threads will show w/o hesitation! Just remember every camp-out is jus' practice for the next one!

Heck, your already 1/2 way thar!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

No, we couldn't find it, but I think we are going to go back there we really enjoyed it. It wasn't too high for us great plain guys. We could still drink a little beer and get in the shade once in awhile. I really enjoyed it. I liked it because I didn't feel like I was risking my life as I did a lot of the time at Montezuma. I just about lost it twice above the town of Montezuma the year before. I don't know if ouare familiar with th etrails there. I believe it was Santa Fe. Red Comb about made me have a stroke!

Comment

Originally posted by Sonar83 View Post
                Thank you. I am kind of a novice for CO so just wanted to make sure! the Cole man is 20years old and I jus went through it and replaced all I could! Thanks again!
                The advantage of Coleman and other liquid fuel stoves is that they work well at high altitudes (as opposed to bottled gas like propane which can be difficult or useless at high altitudes).

BTW, 20 years old is still young for a Coleman stove. I have Coleman stoves from the 1960's and 1970's that I still use on a regular basis and never replaced anything on them.

Comment

Working...
                X