Camping lake Okeechobee Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping lake Okeechobee Florida

I went scouting for a free campground this past weekend about 80 miles north of me and 4 miles east of lake Okeechobee and got this cool picture of the sunset looking over the Lake.

The free campground is at DePuis management area which allows hunting in season and has fishing, hiking, esquestrian campground, primative campsites, so much more.. The family campground has 16 sites which are free with picnic table and fire ring and composte toilets, esquestrian campgrounds has showers and bathrooms. This place just asks for a donation when you leave.

Im heading up this weekend to camp and do some fishing. I will post some pictures when i get back. Enjoy the sunset..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swebob; 01-21-2013, 09:17 PM.
    Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Re: Camping lake Okeechobee Florida

Awesome picture.... hope your trip is just as awesome and hope you catch your limit.

WT
    "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

nice, hopr to see more pics.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by HogSnapper
        This place just went on my list for my next trip to Florida. Great find swebob. I'd never heard of this place before! Thanks for posting it.
        Im always willing to share.. When you do plan your trip let me know and we can meet up there, Im only 80 miles away..
        Proud owner of the Kodiak canvas 10 x 14 deluxe flex bow tent..

Comment

So jealous, sounds fantastic.

Comment

Working...
          X