Make your reservations now!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your reservations now!!!!

I just happened to go to the USFS website, where there was a reminder to start booking your summer camping sites. You can book up to 180 days in advance which puts us up to the first week of Aug. The main place I wanted to camp on the 4th of July is already booked up!!!!! So I will probably find some other place for that day, but I did manage to score the last tent site on Memorial Day weekend and another new place on the 1st weekend of Aug. Looks like that is gonna be a 4 day weekend.:D

So if you use www.recreation.gov to book your sites, then you best start booking or you are gonna be bummed when you show up and there is nothing available this summer. Recreation.gov is a government run site, and it charges a $9 fee for online reservations, $10 for a phone call to the phone center. So for 3 nights, it was $69 for a tent site. :( But there is another thread for that rant........

Anyways, my summer camping is getting planned, what about yours????
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Make your reservations now!!!!

Haven't made any reservations yet. I've thought about it a couple of times, but that's as far as I got. Thanks for the link to recreation, I haven't looked there before, looks like there is a decent campground on the Mississippi River I may want to check out sometime that is not listed on Reserve America.

Dan
    www.MuttShopProducts.com
    http://www.facebook.com/MuttShopProducts
    https://twitter.com/MuttShop

Comment

I've been checking the site and keeping an eye on the 2 campgrounds I use (one in Maine, one in upstate NY). The Maine one is starting to fill, so I must get my dates set soon. I am so ready to begin my annual summer (6 to 7 weeks camping adventure!!

Comment

Already booked my 2 week camping trip in conjunction with an add on non camping trip to MV for 3 weeks. Made the reservations back in Sept 2012. Also booked a week of camping in the Taconic region which miraculously was accomplished last week. It should be nice camping further inland for a change of pace. Finally I've a weekend of "supreme glamping" with a bunch of GFs, upstate NY, the last w/e of Aug.
        That's it for the minute.
        Last edited by NYCgrrl; 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Already?! Yikes! I better get on moving with my reservations then. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
          X