Window placement on a camper/RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window placement on a camper/RV?

I have been trying to find an answer to this question for a year, if anyone knows, why do RV Manufactures always put the nice big windows on the backside (Drivers side) of the camper? Over the winter we stayed at Myrtle Beach, right on the ocean. When we would sit at our dinette we always had to look at our neighbors lot rather then the great ocean view we could have had. Does anyone know why this is standard among the trailer/RV companies? I would love for the bigger windows to be on the entrance side, where all of our stuff is.

Re: Window placement on a camper/RV?

Thank you for that information. I don't really know why it bothers me so much. I just hate sitting at my dinette and having to watch the peopel in the campsite behind me. Sometimes we will be sitting at the picnic table eating and we are three feet from the dinette
    window next to us. It's kind of like we are dinnig together. lol

Comment

Depends a lot upon your floor plan.

Our big window is our "front" window, which looks out over the tongue. The dinette is there. My trailer has two windows on the entrance side and only one on the "back side" as the back side also houses the kitchen and bathroom - which have no windows and really no room for one. So, our view out at our stuff at the "entrance" side is pretty good, and those two windows combine for more area than our actual big window.

I would rather have the big window above the back bumper, but the front curve of the trailer negates that option of flipping the floor plan.

But, we are mostly outside and bring tables/chairs to set up for the optimum scenic view while we eat outside. We hardly ever use the picnic table except as a cooktop and rarely go inside except to nap/sleep. I have awning curtains, so even if it rains, I can usually still be outside.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
        I have awning curtains, so even if it rains, I can usually still be outside.
        Oh, I have never heard of those, is it soemthing you just velcro onto your awning.

Comment

My awning curtains are fabric shower curtains - they dry quickly and are easily replaced. I have a small awning, so I use three - front and both sides

I use bungee cords from the curtain to the awning stablilizer rods for the sides (perpendicular to the trailer) - the bungee cords slip into the shower rod holes. The front of the awning (parallel to the trailer) can also be fastened to the top hardware with bungee cords, or, if you already have the awning light holders in the track, just hook the S hooks into the shower rod holes.

I can stake down the bottom of the curtain if it is breezy out. I usually just use the side ones and wrap excess around the leg of awning - you might be able to see it in my avatar.

Quick set up and tear down and you have more opportunity to "customize" your look than with an RV curtain.
          Last edited by actad; 02-27-2013, 12:39 PM.
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
          X