Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck camping idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO87kCU5lvU

Was watching some camping videos on Youtube and ran across this cool idea to convert the bed of a pickup truck for camping. Looks like lots of room for storage and keeps everything in its spot. Now I wish I wouldn't have sold my pickup truck!

Re: Truck camping idea

and where does your gear go?
    would prefer bed on the platform with storage space underneath

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Terasec. I think the mattress would be better on top of the platform that way it opens up more room for storage. I think he did say in his video that was an option, too. Neat idea though if you wanted or needed to car camp.

Comment

it is a neat idea,
        a comfy bed makes a big difference when camping,

Comment

The "VanDwellers" yahoo site has lots of very cool ideas for dedicated truck and van camping mods.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

For camping in my van, the gear is in a bag or tote that I place up in the passenger seat while at the campground. I leave the air matress in the back, and have room at the side for some smaller gear. A folding table and chairs remain out at night. Sometimes use a 9X9 awning shelter over it.
            Using a low cot would allow some gear to be placed under it.
            Condensation has not been a problem, and the van has numerous vents in the back cargo area. Bugs can be a problem - I still need to work up a netting system for the windows - I am thinking of using velcro for attaching it, but it has to allow for the two rear side windows to crank in and out.
            For AC gear, I have just run an extension cord thru the rear side window - need something better and more secure.
            Generally camping like this I stay in place for the duration, usually having towed my bike on it's trailer and using it to 'see the sights' or run where I need to.
            Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Working...
            X