Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most forgotten camping item - what's yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most forgotten camping item - what's yours?

Greetings all,
    I want to write an article (for my site), about the most typically forgotten camping item or gear. From can openers to the tent.

Will you help?

Just list an important item you have forgotten to pack, and the story around it (if you want)

ps. If you are a super experienced camper that never forgets anything, or a super organized camper that uses a 3-page checklist - you don't need to tell me that. LOL

Thanks in advance.

If I use your item/story in the article I will be glad to give you a link if you want, and of course I will link this forum as a source.

Gus

Re: Most forgotten camping item - what's yours?

As a super organised 3 pages only is for wusses camper I'll admit to misplacing the car driver once. You'd think after 20 + years I'd know where to find him at ALL times but but there ya go.
    Maybeeeeee I should learn to drive. Or not.
    Peekaboo.........:D.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I have a pretty good packing list that I go buy to prevent forgetting items.
      Nights camped in 2019: 24
      Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Once I forgot the sleeping bags many many moons ago.

Hey all, Gus is one of the lucky bloggers that has been allowed to stay at CF. Most bloggers are either banned or sent to the unapproved vendor section because most bloggers have items for sale on their blog site such as a t-shirt or hat, some even sell camping items. This detracts from the items that CF has to give away for just a SASE like stickers and conflicts with our Approved Vendors license who have paid a yearly fee to advertise on CF. Gus doesn't have anything to sell on his blog therefore he is permitted to stay. So if you want to help him out with his story go ahead and add something you forgot to take camping. I do believe that by allowing Gus to stay with us he should have a link on his blog back to us as well.
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-26-2013, 05:06 PM.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
          Once I forgot the sleeping bags many many moons ago.

Hey all, Gus is one of the lucky bloggers that has been allowed to stay at CF. Most bloggers are either banned or sent to the unapproved vendor section because most bloggers have items for sale on their blog site such as a t-shirt or hat, some even sell camping items. This detracts from the items that CF has to give away for just a SASE like stickers and conflicts with our Approved Vendors license who have paid a yearly fee to advertise on CF. Gus doesn't have anything to sell on his blog therefore he is permitted to stay. So if you want to help him out with his story go ahead and add something you forgot to take camping. I do believe that by allowing Gus to stay with us he should have a link on his blog back to us as well.
          Thanks Brent, The CF link is in place. Left sidebar - it shows on every page and post.

If anyone else is interested in reciprocal links - camping related only - drop me a note to see if it's workable.

Gus

Comment

Milk. For some reason I forget it often. It's mostly for the kids or for a quick breakfast of cereal.

Comment

on a kayak/camping trip i once forgot my kayak
              was headed to northern VT,
              had everything packed,
              then like 1/2 hr after leaving home, thinking and laughing, hmm did i actually forget my kayak?
              had a great trip anyway, even though i was stuck on land

Comment

I've forgotten my lighter so often that my wife finally decided to bring a spare one with her just in case.

Comment

Towels ... I've taken a shower many towels using only a hand towel to dry off with.
                  Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Lol... I'm much more inclined to have things I never use than to forget something I need. When I return from camping, I clean everything up and go ahead and organize and pack for the next time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responces.

@NYGirl - Misplaced driver, hmmm... are you sure it wasn't an escape?

@05Kingquad700 - hmmm... did you "forget" the caveat about camping checklist users? :-)

@frank6160 - milk? I would not have thought of that as a "most forgotten" camping item, but now that you mentioned it - I can see it happening

@terasec - Forgot your kayak?????? Geez, and I thought forgetting the big 20# propane tank was bad

@TroyS - Troy, never forgot that, but maybe because I keep a Bic in the camp stove - it's always there

@ GlitterHiker - what? You mean some campers use real bath towels?

Well, not much fodder here, you folks are just too good, and I know I would be laughed out of town if I had a "most forgotten" list that included the kayak and camper driver. (I wonder if there is a connection there? Terasec do you camp with NYgirl?

Comment

Well, mine is actually a duo of food items. Milk & butter. Over the years, I would guesstimate that I've forgot these two items together on a camping trip 6 - 8 times. Don't know why, it just happens. Maybe it's because at the supermarket they're close to the beer and I bypass them as I'm headed for the more important (to me) camping necessities. That's my story anyways. Take care everyone!!

Sent via iPad2
                        2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

I always forget something, but it is never significant enough for me to remember once I make it to the outdoors! However, I had these awesome hot dog sticks that allowed you to cook two hot dogs on each stick! Left them behind at the campsite after we cleaned up...oh well, I made someone happy!

The thing I never forget? BEER!

Comment

Toilet Paper.... Will never forget it again!

Comment

Poncho/rain gear. Always carry one just in case if you're camping during the rainy season. Otherwise a garbage bag might only be your best bet for keeping somewhat dry.

Comment

Working...
                              X