Almost that time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Almost that time....

Yep, this weekend is the yearly trip to the lowland spot. I didn't get the spot I wanted reserved, but it is on the wife picked out, so we will see how it works out. Just gonna be nice to get out and enoy the weather after all of our late season snow.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
      I've got a small trip planned for this weekend myself. It's nothing big, just a trip to a local place with a couple friends. They've never really camped a whole lot so I'm doing a little recruiting. I'm hoping they get hooked on it like I am.
      Good for you!
      I enjoy turning others on to the joys of getting outside and have 1-2 weekend gatherings with just that nefarious thought in mind.
      In fact last night got a call from someone who has visited for daytrips and is now ready to take the plunge this summer.
      Good luck with your recruitment and have fun.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Wife, kids, and I have been camping quite a bit with her sister and kids. We're looking at Memorial Day weekend. Have to work on getting campsites reserved, though.

Comment

Originally posted by brewmandan View Post
          Wife, kids, and I have been camping quite a bit with her sister and kids. We're looking at Memorial Day weekend. Have to work on getting campsites reserved, though.
          Memorial Day and Fourth of July are usually such madness at campgrounds and any place with water. The best place to camp is your own backyard

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            Good for you!
            I enjoy turning others on to the joys of getting outside and have 1-2 weekend gatherings with just that nefarious thought in mind.
            In fact last night got a call from someone who has visited for daytrips and is now ready to take the plunge this summer.
            Good luck with your recruitment and have fun.
            Thank you! I'm honestly probably more excited about it than they are. I've got a good feeling about these two though... Hope your endeavor works out as well and they have fun on their overnighter!

Comment

58 days til tent living ~ counting down and getting psyched!

Comment

An update on the camping trip with my friends I was talking about. Ended up having to cancel because of some rough weather. I would have still went if it was just rain, but there were a lot of storms moving through the area. Hoping to get this thing re-scheduled sometime soon as this weekend was just a big tease!

Comment

YES! already been out a couple times this spring.

Comment

Ah that sucks I went out a couple weekends ago it was nice when we got there it snowed when we left haha. Good fun though hope you get it all squared away camping with friends is the best.

Comment

Our family camped out the first weekend in April and it was cold in the evenings. Mother nature didn't get the memo to start Spring early so we just hope for the best. Thank goodness for electricity and portable heaters. We have our next camp out in June. Happy camping, all!

Comment

Originally posted by rikoh View Post
                        Ah that sucks I went out a couple weekends ago it was nice when we got there it snowed when we left haha. Good fun though hope you get it all squared away camping with friends is the best.
                        Thanks! I hope so too. Nice vid btw. Looks like some really nice hiking and scenery.

Comment

Well, it's all set. Got a couple campsites reserved for Memorial Day weekend. As mentioned earlier, will be camping with my wife and kids as well as wife's sister and kids. Thus kicks off the camping season for us. Hopefully, we'll be able to go more often than last summer! Hopefully, it won't be so darn hot this summer, too!

Comment

Working...
                          X