Just Got Home From A Magnificent Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Got Home From A Magnificent Trip

Well, we just finished our 2nd camping trip of the year. The 1st was in March when we went to West Monroe, LA. This time we went to Gulf Shores, AL. We had a great time, and even slid over to Perdido, FL so the kids could go back to school and say they went to the beach in Florida. We also managed to come back with about 10 lbs. of fresh shrimp, minus what we cooked while we were there.

On another note, say what you will about Ozark Trails tents, I love mine. Last night it rained there a good bit, and it kept us plenty comfortable and dry. We have had it for about 6 years now, and it has always served us well. No, it's not canvas and yes, it's a Walmart special, but we love it.

Re: Just Got Home From A Magnificent Trip

fresh shrimp sounds so good. I would love to take a vacation down by the gulf.
    As far as tents go, use what ever makes you happy and who gives a damn what anyone else thinks......
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

KingQuad, I can tell you 1st hand that the shrimp was excellent. As for the tent, I'm not at all concerned about what others think. I have seen countless threads on here, though, with people asking which tent they should buy. I just don't want people thinking that they have to buy a $500-$800 tent in order to have a good one.

Comment

I like my little el-cheapo dome tent from The Sportsman's Guide. Bought it some fifteen years ago, it's still going strong. Only got rain leakage once, because I hadn't securely zipped the door flap shut! Sometimes 'cheap' can be good enough!
        Glad y'all liked sunny Florida - we appreciate our tourists! Just gotta remember - the gators have 'right of way'!
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

LOL...thanks BigDog. Sounds like good sound advice.

Comment

HogSnapper, it was magnificent. We had the best time. It will definitely be on our annual trip list.

Comment

We stayed at Gulf Shores SP a few years ago. Really nice people and great food. Did you get a chance to eat at Lamberts? That place is a must. It's in Foley by the Outlet Mall. The foods OK, but what a blast. BigDog57, I agree, Gators do have the right of way.
              Nights camping in 2013-----12
              Nights camping in 2014----- 4
              Nights camping in 2015------8

Comment

I love reading posts when folks say they had a magnificent camping trip!
                Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Working...
                X