Koa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koa

P.S. My best friend and I camped around the US when we were 17, and based our route on the KOA campground map. We always could find a place to stay (with KOA) if we couldn't find something better. We felt they were safe and clean, and safe and clean.

Of course, that was 40 years ago. Things might have changed. lol.

Comment

It's been 20 years or so since I've stayed at a KOA. But I remember liking it as a youngster, as Mike pointed out, it was (still is, I'm assuming) geared towards families with children. We brought our bike and rode around with other kids camping, swam in the pool, played mini golf.

Not my cup of tea anymore, but I remember as being a good time.

Dan
      www.MuttShopProducts.com
      http://www.facebook.com/MuttShopProducts
      https://twitter.com/MuttShop

Comment

I do remember several of Dad's siblings keeping RV's and TT's down at the coastal KOA. It was their 'weekend retreats'. As some are now deceased and the others are in their late 70's and 80's, they gave that up some time ago. A couple of them now have homes closer to the coast.
        Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

They do have standards KOA affiliates, but I've not found them better (RV and tent camping) over the years than Woodall's ratings system AFA campgrounds and RV parks...
          “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
          ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Working...
          X