Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found this great tip when you forgot the grill ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this great tip when you forgot the grill ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfFpTP-T6o

I've tried it and it works really well :cool:

Re: Found this great tip when you forgot the grill ...

How many people carries a Chain Saw camping?

Comment

Originally posted by skogsmurvel View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfFpTP-T6o

I've tried it and it works really well :cool:
      The Swedish torch works extremely well. One log will burn and provide warmth for at least four hours

I don't understand WHY works so much better that a typical campfire, but it does. These days the Swedish torch is the only style campfire I use

You can cut your logs at home and bring them. Another thing you can do is take log spits or wrist size cut branches and wire them together, stand it vertically and lite it

One good log will last the whole evening

Comment

Originally posted by Coastie View Post
        How many people carries a Chain Saw camping?
        When I disperse camp, I bring a chainsaw. If I go to a campground, I just buy firewood prior.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Likewise, when dispersed camping the chainsaw goes with. But in an organized cg, if wood is permitted to bring-in the chainsaw stays home and I bring my own. If I have to only use wood that is provided at the cg then we go without a campfire.
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Here is a variation of the Swedish Torch fire that does not use big logs or chainsaw.

This uses wrist diameter branches, etc. that get bundled together.

What I find fascinating is that this guy is in a swamp - you can see the wet ground he is slorging through. The wood he uses is green and even has moss on it - so not ideal firewood. Clearly, if you tried to have a traditional fire in that kind of miserable wet environment, it would be almost impossible - a smoldering punky fire at best.

Still, he makes a good fire... and hot chocolate .... and he says he will have tea later. The guy's accent makes it authentic.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKzvWDeiFc
            Last edited by Mike; 05-07-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
              When I disperse camp, I bring a chainsaw. If I go to a campground, I just buy firewood prior.
              All I found of the disperse camping they disapprove cutting down trees or changing the area any. Only be able to use it on fallen limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Here is a variation of the Swedish Torch fire that does not use big logs or chainsaw.

This uses wrist diameter branches, etc. that get bundled together.

What I find fascinating is that this guy is in a swamp - you can see the wet ground he is slorging through. The wood he uses is green and even has moss on it - so not ideal firewood. Clearly, if you tried to have a traditional fire in that kind of miserable wet environment, it would be almost impossible - a smoldering punky fire at best.

Still, he makes a good fire... and hot chocolate .... and he says he will have tea later. The guy's accent makes it authentic.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFKzvWDeiFc

do like that
                will have to try it,
                much more practicle for most that trying to cut large logs

Comment

Originally posted by Coastie View Post
                  All I found of the disperse camping they disapprove cutting down trees or changing the area any. Only be able to use it on fallen limbs.
                  If you saw the piles of Pine Beetle kill that we have, you would understand. There are huge stacks of pine beetle kill that I get wood from. either that or I cut up downed dead wood. I never cut down live standing trees. I know one summer the loggers actually would leave some small piles of logs cut for camp fire wood. Just had to split it.
                  Nights camped in 2019: 24
                  Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
                  X