Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting some ideas for a new Camper Van.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting some ideas for a new Camper Van.

I took my Mom to the Tax Collector's Office here to get the title of my recently-deceased Father's old 1986 Ford LWB Econoline E150 van signed over to me. I won't be driving it much day-to-day, and it currently needs a lot of work - mostly bodywork, rust removal, and general servicing and TLC. I know this van pretty well, as I was doing a lot of the servicing on it through the years, so it holds few surprises for me. It cranks and runs okay, and I have moved it around the yard a bit - no major problems yet.
    I've decided that, once I get it fully inspected and fix any running/performance issues, I will use it as the basis for a camper van. I can go more in-depth with the mods, compared to my daily driver Grand Caravan.
    I got onto a good Ford Truck and Van forum, and a feller there has gone through much the same as I am planning - so I am getting lots of good info on techniques and what to look out for.
    Found Dad's old Coleman lantern, so now I have two. :cool:

Should be a fun project.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Re: Getting some ideas for a new Camper Van.

Sorry for the reason you acquired your van, but glad that you have a neat project camper van. Keep us posted.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
    X