Camping in the Big Easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping in the Big Easy

My family and I are going camping in New Orleans next week. We are leaving on Wednesday and coming back on Friday (it's only a 6 hour drive from my house). I have never been to New Orleans, so I was wondering if y'all had any tips or advice. Also, I'm pretty excited and just wanted an opportunity to tell folks that we're going camping in New Orleans.

Re: Camping in the Big Easy

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the advice. We are staying at Jude Travel Park. Quite honestly, it was the cheapest park within a reasonable distance to the city. Plus, they have a lot of the amenities that my wife likes. You know what they say. If mama ain't happy...

Comment

Have fun there, I do not have anything positive to say about N.O. Yes been there in Coast Guard and working driving. Not impressed a bit.

Comment

That's fair enough, but I've never been there. To live as close to it as I do, it seems a shame to not at least go check it out.

Comment

HogSnapper, I don't take this personally at all. I haven't looked at any satellite photos. Honestly, it never occurred to me. When I did a google search for campgrounds near New Orleans, I didn't see either of the campgrounds that you mentioned. I will definitely check them out. I guess that's what happens when you try to book a campground while on a break at work. Thank you so much for checking into this place and letting me know. I really appreciate this.

Comment

As I type this, I'm sitting in a folding chair in the shade while camping right outside New Orleans at St. Bernard State Park. It is so beautiful here. Last night it rained a little off and on, and the sound of the rain on the tent combined with crickets chirping, birds singing, and various other unknown critters making their music was simply amazing. Admittedly, during the day, we have heard a train come through once and an airplane land once. However, we are outside in a beautiful and clean campground enjoying God's creation. Life is good! I would love to post pictures but, honestly, I don't know how from my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by MScampers View Post
              My family and I are going camping in New Orleans next week. We are leaving on Wednesday and coming back on Friday (it's only a 6 hour drive from my house). I have never been to New Orleans, so I was wondering if y'all had any tips or advice. Also, I'm pretty excited and just wanted an opportunity to tell folks that we're going camping in New Orleans.
              I was there many years ago but I had a blast at the French Quarters, street dancing the night away.

Comment

It really is. Thank you for telling me about it.

Comment

Working...
                X