Some camping gear demos should be left to others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some camping gear demos should be left to others

Most of us know you have to burn new camping lantern mantles before you light the lantern the first time...

But with a blowtorch? Really Bob?

BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK!!
    I was trying for something different with this video - there are already a ton of "dry" how-to camping videos, so I was hoping for a little feedback on this effort.

I think this is funny, but if you think this is too self-promotional - leave me a note saying so and I'll remove the link.

Campingwithgus

Thanks, Gus

Re: Some camping gear demos should be left to others

Glad it worked. ;-)
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I did catch the humor right away - it's like one of those TV comedies where you see the pratfall coming, and you think.... "Oh no!" Then it happens. I can commiserate with the (simulated?) finger burns - been there - done that! I saw the broken globe coming..... :-)
      As the matches kept failing, I was thinking.... "Here comes the blowtorch!"

I liked it. Hopefully it WILL instill a bit more care and caution in those who watch it and then try doing their own.

Comment

Somebody should make a video how NOT to fill a Coleman lantern

When I was a kid at Boyscout camp, four of us filled fuel into a Coleman lantern while it was lighted

Stupid? Absolutely!

As was predictable, the lantern, fuel can, and the four of us burst into flames. Now THAT was something us Boyscouts were prepared for. By screaming, running in circles, and jumping into the lake. None of us were seriously injured

Comment

Hehehe! I once had a Coleman liquid fuel single-burner stove catch fire all over..... I shut the valve off and then doused it with a waterhose. Couple hours later lit it again - it worked fine.

Comment

Thanks for the humor and walk down memory lane (I'm using batteries nowadaze).
            Glad ya had an ample first aid kit on hand:D.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
            X