Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better way to secure 1lbs propane canister on a tabletop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better way to secure 1lbs propane canister on a tabletop?

I use propane lantern and propane one-burner stove with disposable 1lbs canisters. It's a simple, convenient set-up with just one type of fuel, but securing stability of the burner on a tabletop is always an issue. The coleman stove and lantern both came with their own holders, which are exchangeable since they are both designed for 1lbs canisters. But the stove always makes me nervous, because it can be more prone to tripping over with a pot on top.

Is there a better way or device to secure 1lbs propane canister on a tabletop?

Re: Better way to secure 1lbs propane canister on a tabletop?

For something along the same lines but will pack into less space put some holes in the outside rim of the stand and then use the hooks of bungee cords in them. Simply wrap the bungee cords underneath the table to connect to each other or a brace on the table itself.

I've seen a homemade stand/prop/windscreen arrangement once as well. It was as tall as the bottle plus the attached stove and allowed for a larger pot or pan to be placed on it and helped support the weight making stirring and turning of food slightly less unnerving. The one that I saw was square and had four sides which clipped together in slots. May have been store bought but I reckon it was crafted at home and could easily be done by others.

Best wishes,
    WanderinWhitlows
    Best wishes,
    The Wanderin' Whitlows

Comment

Re: Better way to secure 1lbs propane canister on a tabletop?

New Daddy.... If you end up drilling holes in the base and staking it down, you could drill a 3/8" hole and then use our 5/16" diameter stakes to stake it down.

These..... http://www.monkindustries.com/produc...33ukq29on4f8o3 They are coated with a baked on Safety Yellow enamel so they are hard to lose. They are made here in our plant in Tennessee using American made steel and they are only .92 ea.

They are also great to have around to stake down tarps and other items around the campsite. A lot of forum members have ordered our "Bucket of Stakes" special.
      http://www.monkindustries.com/produc...33ukq29on4f8o3

Enter Coupon Code 55641 on our website to get an extra 10% off if this is your first order with us.

Kermit
      www.monkindustries.com

Comment

Working...
      X