Getting ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready

Getting organized and packed for my summer lone camping adventures ~ I am sooo excited and just needed to share!! :cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ready.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	72615

Re: Getting ready

Originally posted by rose View Post
    Getting organized and packed for my summer lone camping adventures ~ I am sooo excited and just needed to share!! :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4119[/ATTACH]
    Show off! :D:cool:

I just finished repacking the only wicker suitcase I have(I'm ecstatically envious over your storage gear!) and can't fit the new melamine dinner plates in. So we won't take 'em.
    Also trying to coax the man into letting me edited his toiletry bags ( No, dear. You don't need 2 toothbrushes...) now since I already have a good idea how frantic the night before is gonna be.

May the camping spirit be with us all!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

The picture is just the camp gear and will fill the trunk. Still must pack clothing and personal items (for 7 weeks!) which will fill the back seat. If my husband was going with me, it would change everything!! We'd need to buy a much bigger vehicle I'm sure. lol

I am trying to get everything in the car and ready by Saturday night. I hate the frantic last minute thing. Sunday will be a slow, easy day with the cat & hubby, and Monday morning I am off. The camping spirit has completely taken me over

Comment

I wish I could step away from the frantic last minute thing but it's gonna happen no matter what I do so I just accept it and make sure there's a cold bottle of wine in the cooler for later medicinal usage.

7 weeks worth of clothing?!
        I bet you've already mapped out all the laundromats along the way:D.
        2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Congrats Rose! We too are getting ready for a short trip back to Grassy Lake in north western WY! Thought we were going to the Unitas but when we drove up there last weekend to check it out it wasn't the cold that frightened my wife it was the hordes of people poking around. So next Wed 6-26 we're off for 5 days of splendid dispersed campin!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks guys!

RDFox, to me, nothing ruins a camping trip quite so much as hordes of people!! Enjoy the dispersed camping. And maybe post some pics

Comment

you, sir, are making me have the itch. :D

Comment

Seven weeks of camping. You are living the dream, Rose!

Some folks might think you will be lonely, but us solo travelers know better. You meet vastly more new people when you travel alone than when you travel with others

Have a ball. Keep us posted. Maybe have a running blog on camp forums.com?

Comment

You are right, Mike. It's easy to meet people if I want to. But I love the solitude and rarely get lonely. I leave tomorrow morning. I will post from time to time throughout the 7 weeks for y'all's entertainment

Comment

How exciting!! Keep us posted. Safe travels!
                    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by rose View Post
                      You are right, Mike. It's easy to meet people if I want to. But I love the solitude and rarely get lonely. I leave tomorrow morning. I will post from time to time throughout the 7 weeks for y'all's entertainment
                      Yes please do post when you've a chance and have a fantastic time.
                      2017:

Comment

Rose, are you an only child?

I find that solo children especially enjoy solitude

Comment

No, Mike, I'm one of six!! As a child I liked solitude too. But rarely ever got it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Rose, are you an only child?

I find that solo children especially enjoy solitude
                            i am not an only child,
                            but i like solitude,
                            then when i get my solitude i realize how lonely it is

Comment

Working...
                            X