• Show
Clear All

• Montana!

Who here lives in Montana??:cool:
    Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
    USMC Retired
    Scout/Sniper

Re: Montana!

I used to live on top of a mountain east of Helmsville. That was back in the 80's. Loved it more than any other place I've lived.
    Nights camping in 2013-----12
    Nights camping in 2014----- 4
    Nights camping in 2015------8

Comment

Tell me more... I'm thinking about uprooting and moving there!
      Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
      USMC Retired
      Scout/Sniper

Comment

Richard, I'm now in my birth state of Florida, but in the early 80's a friend of mind and I bought 40 acres in the mountains east of Helmville. Two years ago my wife and I drove through (we didn't stop) and with the exception of a handful of new homes, it looked the same. One bar and a P.O.. They did have a paved road instead of the grated road. One of the things that impressed me was no one was into your business. Live and let live, but if you need help, here we are. Please keep in mind this was in the 80's. It's probably different now, but we had to go up a dirt road about 4 miles to get to our property, and I think I found the road, but not sure. We lived off the barter system and off the land. Plenty of meat of course. I see from your bio that you would probably love it also. Take a trip out there and look around. Oh yeah, we had to go to Lincoln (home of the Unabomber) just to get a loaf of bread and supplies. I loved it.

I also want to thank you for your dedication and service for our Country. Thank you very much.

Comment

Richard.....I've lived in southwest Montana for almost 46 years.....Big Sky Country is not only beautiful, it's a great place to live.....People are some of the most friendly you will find anywhere & outdoor activities are limitless.....Any specific area of Montana your thinking about relocating to??.....Take care!!
          2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

I'm looking at Missoula or Bozeman! Someplace where I can work, Flyfish, climb, camp, own guns, snowboard and be around mountains!
            Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
            USMC Retired
            Scout/Sniper

Comment

We were in both towns when we were out west a couple of years ago. While they've gotten somewhat larger, they're both nice, clean, college towns, not far from the Mountains. Of course, Missoula's close to Idaho, which is a plus if you wanna play a lot. I'll guarantee you, if I were younger, I'd be out there now. Be sure you check about the taxes, and licenses. When I was out there they were strange.

Comment

Hey Richard...Missoula or Bozeman huh...both fine choices...I pretty much live right between the two...I personally prefer Bozeman, it just seems less hectic to me...It has all the opportunities you mentioned & the Bridger Mountain Range is right at its back door...Just a guess here on my part, but I would say employment opportunities are also more favorable there...Ski areas, four or so major rivers nearby, close to Yellowstone Park...and I believe we can still own all the guns we want...Take care Richard!!!
                2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Probably the best state, but you have to like winter and be willing to be underemployed and get paid partially in sunsets.

Richard,
                  I find your photo by your name to be the most unfriendly and agressive image I can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                  X