The Survival Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Survival Game

Do you or anyone you know do the survival game ?(since I was 5 yrs old ) My mom & dad use to. With me & my two brothers . It could happen at any time of day or night 2 or 3 times a month. He & my mom would get us up at "any given time". tell us we have 5 min.to leave the house . so we would all run around trying to get our stuff togather. "we as in me and my brothers" :confused::eek: . some of the time 1 or more of us forgot somthing food sleeping bag, stove, tent, fishing pole gun, ammo ect.You could only take what you could carry 1 trip to the Van . we would go to our land and camp , fish & hunt .Sometimes for 2 days or 10 somtimes we stead all summer.Any time my mom & dad could get 2 or more days off from work. so we learned reel fast to have all our gear close by . me & my wife did it still do when their home with our 2 kids now 19 & 23 they both say they will do it with there kids .

I've done it a couple times. Once while reading on a 'prepper' forum, a guy wrote of doing it. Basically, a 'bug-out test'.
    So, I did it right then! Shut the 'puter down, grabbed what I could quickly, and hit the local woods!
    It was fairly cool that night - I had a too thin blanket and forgot the sleep pad.... Made for a fitful night's sleep.
    I keep a better equipped "Bug out bag" nowdays! Just grab it, strap it on the bike and go!

It is definitely different than getting ready for several days of pleasure camping! In that situation, I tend to carry too much!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Survival Game

We have a 23-foot travel trailer that we use for cool or wet weather family camping (I like a tent when I'm by myself) that we keep packed with most of everything we need except water and perishable food.
      If we had to "bug out" we would just have to hook it to the truck, load water and food and go. We'd take it as far as we could get, then go on foot from there.
      Except for food, I pretty much keep my backpack packed and ready to go. I would have to stuff my sleeping bag in as well because I store it hanging up. Everything else is ready to go.
      Scott W. McClure
      Photographer/Scoutmaster Troop 202
      Eagle Scout-BSA/Order of the Arrow-Vigil Honor Member

"You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day and only so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn't waste either." The late Galen Rowell.

Comment

i have not done this,, not am i prepared to. makes me think i need an "oh S pack" ready to go at all times,,,

Comment

Working...
        X