Camping/hiking websites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping/hiking websites?

Hi! I was wondering what websites people used to plan their camping and hiking trips? I'm planning a bit trip to the southwest in September (Grand Canyon, Arches, Zion, maybe more!). I've tried www.alltrails.com, www.reserveamerica.com and someone just told me about www.standhere.net. Am I missing any other great sites?

Victoria

Re: Camping/hiking websites?

Camping for me is often a means and not an ends. We look for the activity first, and then the campsite.

This site is helpful -http://www.trails.com/trails.aspx

For instance, I usually want to go kick biking/kick scooting, so I look for a fairly flat paved trail - usually ones listed for in-line skating are perfect. Then, I look for a state park or national forest nearby. If I want to go biking, the Rail Trails are usually great, so I look them up first.
    - Laura
    Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Re: Camping/hiking websites?

for area information and trails, i generally look at state sites, some have very good maps of their state lands,
      i may also search for a specific area/state forest and see what comes up,
      in northeast, there may be a specific group that has information on a trail and such, like groups for apalachian trail,
      i also use this site for more information on random things that usually isnt covered on general websites like tips and tricks, how to's ideas and such.
      i find many of the common sites are generally too vague, and/or leave out lots of specifics,
      they may not take into account things like difference in state forests or just state lands,
      i can camp at most state forests i generally cannot camp at just any state land

Comment

Working...
      X