sleeping bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleeping bags

Hey everyone, just getting back into camping, haven't been into what brand are good. I am looking at two different sleeping bags. The first one is the recon sleeping bag by elite survival and the second is the cats meow by northface. If you had to pick one which one would it be?

Re: sleeping bags

I'd keep shopping. If you're paying MSRP, you can get a lot better new-with-tags off Ebay from companies like Marmot, Sierra Designs, Mountain HardWear, A16, REI, etc. vs. a synthetic bag. A quality down bag will last a lifetime.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

those are pricey tents,
      what type of camping do you do? plan on doing?
      brand names are usually safe bets, but high end bags are usually overkill for most,
      climate and type of camping will be major factors,
      no need for sub zero bag if you only camp in mild summer climates,
      at the same time, should get a bag rated for colder than temps you expect,
      20 degree bag for 50 degree climates is usually a safe bet,
      rather be too warm, than risk being too cold in freezing temps, can always open the bag in warm weather,
      also if hiking alot, size weight will be a major factor,
      if car camping, not so much an issue

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies, first I don't like down sleeping bags, because of the weight, and also because of the wetness factor, had a bad experience when I was doing some survival training and got rained on bag got wet and I almost went hypothermic. Thank god for my space blanket I brought. The places I would be camping are Utah, Nevada, and California. My next trip is to Utah either to havasupei or duck creek in sept.

Comment

Working...
        X