Noob input for double sleeping bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob input for double sleeping bags

Hello everyone. I'm super new here and i'll be going camping with my wife with some of our friends for the very first time. We'll be camping in the first week of September and i've been looking for 2person sleeping bags as that's the request of my wife. There are a few options out there but i need input on the temperature rating. I was looking at one option that had a 10 celsius degree option.

My question is, would this be enough to keep us warm especially if we're sleeping inside a tent during that time? September is still summer but it's getting cooler and we're camping on Alice lake in Squamish BC. We don't think we'll be camping in the winter so i don't want to invest in something super heavy ( i heard 5 lb bags are pretty warm but not certain...)

Any input would be appreciated.

Arvin

Re: Noob input for double sleeping bags

I have Teton sleeping bags and I really like them. I recommended them last year to a friend and he bought this Queen one. He was really impressed with it and likes it. Remember, most single bags can zip together and make a double bag as well.
    Teton Mammoth Queen bag
    http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Mammoth...n+sleeping+bag
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

In Squamish, make sure you get a sleeping bag that the bears don't like the taste of.............

Comment

If you are noobs and will car camp and don't want to spend a lot of money, you can buy a matching pair of three season bags from Walmart. They should have about 3.5 lbs of synthetic fill like hollowfill or quallofill or something similar. Don't bother looking at temp ratings. They are so subjective and misleading that they should be outlawed

Bring extra blankets and good insulating ground pads and you will be fine.

I like zipping sleeping bags together and sleeping with my honey-bunny. Get the biggest roomiest bags you can find. Square foot will be better than mummy bags

Have fun. You have the right idea so far

Comment

Working...
        X