Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your idea of glamping? (glamor camping)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your idea of glamping? (glamor camping)

I find that there are so many degrees of luxury. One person will delight in simply having a tent they can stand up in while others find comfort in having a large DVD collection for the entertainment system in their fifth wheel RV.

For me, luxury glamping includes making boiled beans from dried beans in a Dutch Oven instead of getting them pre-made from a can.

How about you? What comforts do you enjoy that feels like bordering on decadant glamping?

Re: What is your idea of glamping? (glamor camping)

I am at the point that actually GOING camping, in any form, will be a luxury.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

I think less is more..
      ESP while backpacking, but I always like to have music while in the backcountry, which means: my iPhone(also keeps me connected to my business and my 14y/o daughter{if she is not treking with me} who i am raising)and small speaker with a folding solar panel to charge them.

For DUC(drive up camping), a hot shower, cold beer, comfortable chair and tarps(incase it rains, which has been the case on at least the last 6-8 camping trips in the last year)!
      I have friends that bring an 10 person tent(for 2 people)with a fancy air mattress, full size BBQ, laptops, make-up etc..

To each their own.

Comment

Anytime the wife goes with me. The rest of the time, I'm OK with minimal stuff.
        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

family camping is glam camping. Solo is backpacking style. By glam, I mean having a flushing toilet while dry camping, great meals, and everything except a kitchen sink....And I have been looking at the sea to summit sinks...
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Canoe camping or horse packing with fresh food, canvas tents, maybe lawn chairs, and two mattresses to sleep on. Really skilled musicians are glamorous additions to any camping trip. So are nice looking women and great dogs. The other thing that sets trips apart and makes them glamorousis is spectacular country like the Absaroka Range of Wyoming or the Coast Range of Alaska.

Comment

The one thing I missed from my popup years was being off the ground and sleeping on a flat, level surface. That led me to come up with a collapsible floor that I can throw in the back of the pickup. I've made several versions over the years, with the current version a Lincoln Log kind of configuration with 2x3 lumber and a plywood top. The next version, still in progress, will be based on Kee Klamp pipe fittings for a frame that will put my floor at sitting height so I don't have to bend down to get in the tent. It's all a part of what I call roughing it smoothly.

Comment

My glamping is truck camping with the wife...

Kodiak 6010 FlexBow Canvas tent (10’ x 10’ x 6’ interior height)
                Byer of Maine Easy Cot (folding cots)
                Large rectangular sleeping bags
                Camp Chef 2 burner stove (1 lb. cans or 20 lb. LP tank)
                Cast iron skillet, full size coffee pot, full size utensils (cooking and eating)
                Mr. Heater MH9BX Buddy portable heater (winter camping)
                Large folding table for camp kitchen
                Full size folding chairs
                Full ice chest...
                No electronics in camp other than flashlight.

Phil
                Group: Canvas
                Kodiak 6010 Flex-Bow canvas
                Springbar Outfitter 3 canvas

Comment

Phil,
                  Nice set-up. Comfortable but still low tech and dependable.

Comment

Hey Guys me Mark.Well my glamping is bike camping with the friends.Thanks!!

Double Ended Load Cells
                    Last edited by markspend01; 08-20-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by markspend01 View Post
                      Hey Guys me Mark.Well my glamping is bike camping with the friends.Thanks!!
                      True that! Time spend with family and good friends is the greatest luxury of all. There is no better feel-good in the world

Comment

Phil your FLHR is spooky in red, I ride a '01 FLHRi built by Ken Henderson and running 100.6 HP/95 inch ported SE Hi-Po heads, S&S 570G cam'd BC Gerolomy 4mm relieved throttle bodies, SuperTrapp 2-into-1 pipes, Wild 1s 16" bars, etc...Life is Good!
                        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
                          I ride a '01 FLHRi built by Ken Henderson and running 100.6 HP/95 inch ported SE Hi-Po heads, S&S 570G cam'd BC Gerolomy 4mm relieved throttle bodies, SuperTrapp 2-into-1 pipes, Wild 1s 16" bars, etc...Life is Good!
                          Your Road King sounds like quite the hot rod... mine is nearly stock.

Phil
                          Group: Canvas
                          Kodiak 6010 Flex-Bow canvas
                          Springbar Outfitter 3 canvas

Comment

somebody else brings food. Not too too far to the commode.

Comment

This thread reminds me of a friend ,an old time rough-stock rider and former smokejumper. He goes elk hunting every fall in Oregon with a group of old friends. After many years, it evolved into elk camping and later elk resorting. Now they have a 20 ft by 28 ft wall tent with furniture, a chain saw to cut wood, and a separate cook tent. The tents have wood stoves, cots, card tables, pack boxes, etc. The group used to pack horses and mules when they were younger. I met a guy at one of their camps named Ike who was an old-time packer. He was in his 90s and talked about packing horses in the 1930s. A partial pack string was anything less than 12 animals.

Comment

Working...
                              X