Labor Day 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day 2013

Informed work today that there is a 98.9% chance that I will not be going in on Friday as well as Monday. 4 night camping trip is in order. So what are your plans for the holiday weekend?
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: Labor Day 2013

Working. Hence, "Labor" day" :-(
    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

The nice thing is, I live about 15 minutes from Roosevelt state park, and there is rarely, if EVER, anybody using the primitive campground, which is rather large. Also, another 10 minutes brings me to Bienville national forest. So, there is lots of opportunity for a quick getaway.
      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Well, I waited too long to reserve a spot for Labor Day weekend. There's nothing available within a 100-mile radius. BUT ... I'm off the week after Labor Day, so I have Monday thru Sunday reserved.
        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

We are camping this weekend. It is our traditional BACK TO SCHOOL camping extravaganza. We recruit lots of friends (all with kids) and enjoy 2-days of camping. We sing, dance, roast marshmallows, hike, laugh and enjoy being just being outside. Life is good when camping. This will be our final camping trip until next spring.

Comment

Tent camping, bringing the girlfriend who is opposed to rustic camping. We are staying at a campground with a couple pools, recreation room, arcade, mini golf course, store, lazy river and of course water and electric at the site! I began to pack my truck today for a 3 day trip and was embarrassed at the amount of equipment I have, I will be sure to share a photo! Have a good time out there everyone and be safe! :cool:
            sigpic

Comment

DH reserved a Labor Day site at Geneva State Park back in May on our previous trip. So, feeling lucky get to have four days of fun and fishing on Lake Erie.
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

We are back from our Labor Day camping trip. We hadn't been camping together in more than 15 years due to hubby recovering from a broken back. My backpacking tent wasn't big enough so we purchased an inexpensive Ozark Trail Instant 4-man tent (must be meant for mighty small men) and an inflatable mattress and off we went. The gnats were HORRIBLE, but we had a good time. We went to Rocky Hock Campground in Edenton, NC. The campground is mostly meant for campers since it's mostly field with hookups and small trees, but there is a wooded tent area that is on a hill. Worked out great for us. We will definitely be going camping again after gnat season is over and the temperatures drop a bit.

Comment

No camping for me the Labor Day weekend. Saturday was time wth my elderly Mother, visiting family we hadn't seen in years and having a family cookout - and celebrating an uncle's 86th birthday. Then that night we attended the "Sopchoppy Opry", a monthly country music show at my father's old high school down in Sopchoppy, Florida.
                  Sunday was shooting at the hunting lease with my hunting buddy, getting our rifles sighted in for the upcoming season, and seeing how the food plots are coming after all the rain. Been a monsoon all summer here!
                  Monday, recuperation and laundry day. ;-)
                  Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

I'm back from the post-Labor Day trip. I started the trip on Monday, Labor Day, at 3pm - just about when the campground had emptied; only 3 sites occupied until Thursday night. Very quiet and peaceful. Absolutely delightful! Gorgeous weather. By Friday, the week-end crowd arrived. One day, when I no longer have to work, I will camp Sunday thru Friday morning - when it's quiet - and come home on the week-ends.
                    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

We went Fri- Mon to Natchez Trace state park, no kids this trip! It was great, even though it rained.

Comment

Working...
                      X