Coleman nxt 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman nxt 200

Anyone use or know anything about the coleman nxt 200 its preety new I saw it in sports authority looks real nice and lots of grillin room 20,000 btus. They also sell the griddle and stove grates to attach to it. Any reviews?

Re: Coleman nxt 200

never used it but I think it looks like a great peice of cooking equipment. I like the versatility of it( Grill grates, stove grates, and flat top grill). I think I need to check this thing out better myself. Thanks for the post.

Comment

I have a Brinkman that is on a similar stand...

While it is definitely easier to pack than a 'normal' 4 burner grill it doesn't pack as easy as I would like. The wheels and handle stick out and don't really allow for the compact packing that you want. The handle just sort of creates a lot of wasted space when the truck is loaded. With mine the top is flat when it is folded up so I can put stuff on top of it but I don't think that is the case with the Coleman. Also, with mine it is possible but awkward for one person to get in and out of the truck as the legs don't lock into the folded position. I don't know if that will be a problem with the smaller Coleman but just throwing it out there.
      All that being said, I love it. It is portable enough to pack in the truck and move out to the lawn area where we tailgate (at least 100' from the closest parking spot)
      Oh, final thought. I wonder how long the cylinders will last on the Coleman.

Hope this helps.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

How many btus is that brinkmann and what model is it that looks preety nice...Sorry lol not sure what you mean about the cylinders? Do you mean the propane tanks for it

Comment

Yes, I was thinking about the propane cylinders. I think my grill has 4-12,000 btu burners so 48,000 total. There is a newer model with different legs. I would assume that it is an improvement but I don't know how. Mine goes up easy as pie and is secure once it goes up.

edit: Never mind. The new model folds up better than mine which was apparently a really early model. (but it was also only $99 at Home Depot:D)
          http://www.basspro.com/Brinkmann-Tai...duct/10205230/
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Get on Craigslist, I've snagged quality standard grills for less than $30 sometimes free. Alot of the "budget" models sold at big box stores are nothing more than the Coleman model on a permanent stand. I saw a campsite this summer the guy cut the legs off just below the controls on a standard outdoor BBQ and put it on a table. He packed it away in the back of his SUV for travel. I have two full size grills I'm cleaning up for the spring, that will be my travel grill for camping and tailgating and leave my big Weber Model at home. Having a pickup making transport of a full size grill easier, but searching local ads for a good deal is well worth it. Charcoal is where it's at too, I've got a couple Weber models and a charcoal starter, nothing beats it! Let us know what you get! :cool:
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X