Eureka Centerfire sleeping bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka Centerfire sleeping bags

I’m looking for a good winter bag that will last for years. I found the Eureka Rimfire and Centerfire bags might meet my needs, I can use the 15’ or 0’. I don’t want a down or mummy bags. The drawback of these bags is they don’t pack very small (13” by 34”). Anybody here have any experience with these bags? Here is a link, http://cspoutdoors.com/euslba.html

I use a cot and Thermarest Dream Time pad. And I don’t think we need to get into the conversation about how sleeping on a cot is a lot colder than sleeping on the ground. I have a back issue, and getting in and out of a sleeping bag on the ground is out of the question.
    I’m a self-made man, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Re: Eureka Centerfire sleeping bags

I have never used the Eureka sleeping bags you mentioned. I did buy new bags for my family last year. I went with the Teton Sports Celsius XXL for me an the wife, and the Deer hunter for my son. The difference being the outer shell, his is duck canvas. I really like these bags. I got down to the high 30's with them and didn't zip it up. When I zip the two bags together, they are the same size as a King Bed. You may not need one that big, but I had to go big because my daughter gets in our bag in the morning. They have different sizes, and you should check them out. They make them in Regular, XL, and XL
    Almost 200 reviews and it carries a 4.5 star rating
    http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Celsius...ts+celsius+xxl
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

All I can say is that Eureka sleeping bag sure looks comfortable. It is an old school design for sure and they are as bulking as a hippopotomus.

Have you considered using two thinner bags? This is what I do these days. Two small bags are easier to pack than one big bag especially when packing a kayak. There are plenty of lightweight square-toe bags available for not a lot of money

Comment

10-lb. sleeping bag - well, it OUGHT to be comfortable!
        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

I just picked up a Kelty 15 degree Callisto rectangular synthetic bag for $59:

http://www.sunnysports.com/Catalog.a...randName=Kelty

I'm not a big fan of synthetic bags. They are heavy and bulky and, unlike down, don't last forever. But, they have their place. The Callisto is all ripstop polyester, unlike some of their bags that have flannel linings. The thing i like about the Kelty bags is that all of their rectangular bags can zip to any other Kelty rectangular bag to form a double-wide. So I've got this heavy synthetic bag that zips to a lightweight fleece bag, giving an option of fleece on top, heavy underneath or vice versa.

Having said that, I have a 40 degree down bag and a 15 degree down bag that I use. One or the other, or both, covers most camping conditions. They are mummy bags, but I mostly use them unzipped as quilts, with my feet tucked into the end to stay warm.

Comment

Whc 1954,

Thanks for the link, I ended up purchasing the Eureka Cayuga 15’, it is the older model for $42.95 on sale. The draw back to the other bags I had in mind was, there weight and how large they packed for travel.
            I’m a self-made man, I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Comment

Working...
            X