Secret weapons for night's cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secret weapons for night's cold

Okay guys, don't laugh. My wife works in a doctors practice and the doctors have her screen the drug reps to filter out most of them to conserve the doctors time. After 14 years they know the drill and since the reps time is valuable too and they are WAY out in the woods out of their comfort zone they just leave the literature and the samples with her. She puts them in the drug samples cabinet and locks it. As a side benefit, in addition to us having ten lifetime's supply of some of the best promotional writing pens and drug promotion sticky notes, she brought home some menstrual cramp heating pads made by Playtex. They have adhesive on one side so as to be applied to a woman's skin above the cramp pain areas...wherever that is. I didn't ask. Unlike the outdoor-type heating pads with adhesive that must be put on your clothing and not your skin due to their high heat, these do not put out as much heat so that they can be safely applied directly to the skin. They also out heat for a longer period. My strategy to stay warm all night? I put two on my lower back, right above my kidneys. The direct heat is much more effective at heating the blood than pads on clothing.

Comment

Re: Secret weapons for night's cold

I camp when it gets well below freezing and like Bigdog57 said - 2 hand warmer packs, one at your feet and one by your chest keeps me snug as a bug in a rug. I use a cold weather sleeping bag. In addition, a soft furry blanket around my head makes a big difference. Also a couple small throw pillows inside the bag helps with staying comfortable in the same position for extended time.

Comment

Working...
      X