elk video, bull in ru befriends woman and then the ultimate chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elk video, bull in ru befriends woman and then the ultimate chase

this is some crazy footage and it seems he'd of chased forever if possible.

http://huntervids.com/videos/elk-cha...way-encounter/

Re: elk video, bull in ru befriends woman and then the ultimate chase

I saw this video a couple weeks ago. I believe this is the one near Ovando,MT which is about 90 miles from me. A guy I work with said he drove thru there a few hours earlier and that elk was in someone's yard with people standing around it and it looked like they were feeding it. I heard one story that some kids were kicking around a soccer ball and it appeared out of nowhere and started chasing the ball around - LOL. With everything I've heard, it seems he was very friendly and never actually threatened any of the people that had been getting close to him. Needless to say, he was a wild animal, and I believe he was shot by game wardens the next day. Sorta sad, but probably for the better...............
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Re: elk video, bull in ru befriends woman and then the ultimate chase

Bull elk in rut do all sorts of strange things. That one was habituated to people and it cost him his life. The people taking the video froze up and did not react when the bull approached them. They were lucky they didn't get knocked over with a large pair of antlers.

Two years ago I was hunting in northern Nevada up by the Idaho border, and played ring around the rosy with a bull at about 30 yards in a willow thicket. He was pawing the ground and chasing me with no fear what so ever.

Comment

Working...
      X