One of the best camp tools ever: Welders gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the best camp tools ever: Welders gloves

In case you have not discovered this yet, consider adding a pair of welders gloves or lined leather gloves to your camping gear.

A pair of lined leather gloves or welders gloves allow you to handle any kind of hot pot and even pick up burning branches and hot coals. You can arrange a live campfire with leather gloves.

In addition, they are good for carrying firewood and logs without scratching your hands.

In a pinch, lined leather gloves will keep your hands warm in a cold day.

Finally, leather gloves make pulling tent stakes a cinch.

You can pick up scorpions and even handle poisonous vipers if needed. (Hold still darling, you are sitting on a water-mocassin. Let me get that for you...)

Re: One of the best camp tools ever: Welders gloves

Yep. Also handy if you are cooking with Cast Iron. Or at home, using a smoker.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Welders gloves are good for some people. To me they are combersome. I like to handle hot stuff with tools like pot lifters or a pair of pliers.

Comment

I always bring a pair of mechanics gloves. They're not nearly as bulky, yet are still padded enough to do most of what you said.

Comment

One of my top of the list items.

Comment

I usually always have a pair of leather gloves with me. Awesome for handling hot pots and cups as well as clearing brush and handling firewood. Also great for rope handling.

Comment

My husband just bought a pair of welder's gloves for work, so now we'll have some for our camping trips - Yay! :D Friends of ours also use welder's gloves at their permanent campsite to take wood from the woodpile to the fire, to avoid spider bites.

Comment

Would you believe I had a beloved pair of heavy hide gloves stolen at a campground ?!!!

Comment

NOW you know who got 'em :-D
                  2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Just bought a pair myself at Lowes - mine are black.
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yes we use ours all the time. Works perfect for getting foods off the grill.

Comment

Working...
                      X