Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Camping: March 2009

Howdy,
    This month from March 19 through March 24, we are going tent camping again, Yippee! This time we are going to the remote desert lake called Mojave. We'll be about 35 miles south, on the Nevada side, :Dfrom the nearest populated area called Cottonwood Cove. We are primitive camping at a place called Nellis Cove. 4x4 all the way and I'm sure our WJ will get us there. Oh, we are taking the kayak too and hopefully the water will be flat. We love to camp!:D

So who else is camping this month, sound off and brag?
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Well, we're going somewhere! Not sure where, yet - maybe somewhere in the Los Padres NF. This is the Arroyo Seco River...

Comment

We're going to Dripping Springs State Park in Oklahoma, March 19th-22nd. Tent camping. Plan doing some hiking and fishing, and scouting nearby lakes in rivers (Eastern OK is chalked full of them) for trips later in the summer. I want to get at least one float trip this summer.

We're also going to watch the sunset on winter.

Comment

The Best in Tent Camping: Florida leads campers to the finest tent camping sites coupled with the most interesting scenic locales so they can experience the.

Comment

Today (11 March) is my birthday (52 big ones), so I am taking Friday the 13th off to celebrate. Hmmm.... hope my luck holds out!
          I'm going to do a quick 'overnighter' at a favorite local spot Friday night - if the weather holds! :cool:
          Been too darned long since I've been in the woods. I don't trust the bubbas during hunting season! :eek:
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Tent Camping: 3-09

Howdy BD,
            Happy Birthday to you,
            Happy Birthday to you,
            Happy Birthday Big Dog,
            Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

belated Happy B'Day
              gee 52 , your just a kid
              2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
              2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
              I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

The long range forecast for next weekend is saying Lows in the 50's and High's in the 70's.

I love driving home from a trip hungover, unshaven, and tanned!

Comment

March Camping 2009

Howdy,
                  We are leaving Thursday, March 18 and will be back on the 24th on Lake Mojave. Here are the coordinates: N35 27.183/W114 40.683. This will get you with + or - 18 feet of our location, called six-mile cove, Nevada. See you next week! Yippee!

PS: My wife did get a car charger for her GPS...she loves it! She is telling everyone that I got it for her for her birthday(I actually didn't, instead I got her a steak dinner at Marche Bacchus for $78.00). Hey remember I live in Las Vegas and here you can eat expensive on great occasions. Our total bill was $289.00 and then we went dancing too!

Comment

Working...
                  X