Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivial Camping-- finding a site

First post. Help me out here guys.

Me and my friends have been camping several times before and I want to take it to the next level. I'm always up for challenging myself. I am bringing 4 of my friends with limited equipment and almost no food for a 3 day weekend. I plan to fishing and hunting for food and see if we can survive the weekend without starving.

Anyway, so I need to find a place in PA that will allow me to hunt with a shotgun for rabbits and squirrels. It also needs to be on a river or lake we can fish.

Any suggestions would be great.

Survival Camping--finding a site

Howdy,
    In western PA there is a lake called Kinusa(sp?) where I have fished back in the late 1960s. It is up the aleghany(sp?) river so I know you could camp and fish there. As far as using a shotgun I would check out when hunting season is for the animals you want to hunt. I did something similiar to what you are planning when I was stationed at Ft. Wainwright in Alaska, 40 years ago. We decided to take nothing but beer and booze with us and survive off the land by fishing and hunting(I hunt with bow). Well to make this a short story all we did was have a drunken weekend(heehee)!:D
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I'm from NJ so western PA is really far. I'm looking for the Poconos area. Is there a way to find a place like what I'm looking for online. I can't seem to find anything myself.

Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Survival Camping--finding a site

Well my firend, I suggest state parks in Eastern PA, I'm not famaliar with that part of the country. I would also suggest you download the free version of google earth and have a look around the area you might be interested in. Google Earth has just about everything named. Find a name of a place then google that. Good luck, I realize I am not much help but sooner of later other campers from that part of the country will chip in.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
        X