Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coleman Warranty Coverage. I'm impressed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Warranty Coverage. I'm impressed.

In July I bought a Coleman queen air mattress off Amazon.

NYE I opened up the air mattress to use and discovered a seam had let go over about a 5" area with pinholes.

Contacted Coleman via an online chat, they sent me an e-mail with instructions on how to get a replacement. I had to print a copy of my invoice from Amazon, write my incident number on that and scan it, write my incident number on the Coleman logo on the product and photograph that, and take a photo of the damage. With my home printer/scanner and Iphone the whole process took about 5 minutes. Replied to the e-mail with the photo attached.

Next day received an e-mail with a UPS tracking number for my replacement.

How has your return/repair process been with Coleman? :cool:
    sigpic

Re: Coleman Warranty Coverage. I'm impressed.

I had a similar experience with Coleman. My old dual fuel gas stove was not working. They sent me some parts in the mail for free.
    Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
    sigpic

Comment

Haven't needed to - replacement parts like generators are a lot cheaper off Ebay and O-rings are dirt cheap and plentiful at the industrial supply store near my gym. Wouldn't buy their air mattresses under any circumstances since they're hollow (they don't block cold as their single-cellular by design) and I don't like feeling cold when I sleep, especially in our mountains that can drop below freezing during the 3-seasons.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Originally posted by tplife View Post
        Haven't needed to - replacement parts like generators are a lot cheaper off Ebay and O-rings are dirt cheap and plentiful at the industrial supply store near my gym. Wouldn't buy their air mattresses under any circumstances since they're hollow (they don't block cold as their single-cellular by design) and I don't like feeling cold when I sleep, especially in our mountains that can drop below freezing during the 3-seasons.
        TP, funny thing that you mentioned about sleeping on hollow air mattresses. I never knew how cold air mattresses were until my wife kept on complaining. I told her like any loving husband that she was just imagining things. Luckily, she did not divorce me. I have since made amends to her bought her a nice insulated air mattress with a high R rating for insulation. It's filled with a synthetic down material. Most of our camping is in the summer and never gets colder than 40 degrees.

I will never sleep on another Coleman hollow air mattress again!
        Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
        sigpic

Comment

@tplife stay on subject I did not ask for you opinion I've heard you spew 50+ times on here about sleeping equipment.

Coleman Warranty issues or take a flying leap. :cool:
          sigpic

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

I have purchased a product from Coleman also and luckily it doesn't have any damage at all. But I am truly impressed with their service.

Comment

Working...
              X