Flibitygiget Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flibitygiget Rocks

As soon as I saw it I knew it was going to be perfect for hanging my Kelty Noah's Tarp 16. I to like to keep things to a minimum and I didn't want to take an extra extendable pole so I drilled a hole in the Flibitygiget and it fits snugly on the end of a Kelty tarp pole.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-25 10.04.42.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	72692

At the moment I don't know what size drill I used It was from my father in laws lettered drill index. But i will find out and update this post.

About the Flibitygiget It's a rock Solid tool for a small price. If you have a tarp or awning pole in your gear you should have a Flibitygiget to put on the end of it.

Cheers....

Re: Flibitygiget Rocks

I'm almost afraid to ask but what is a Flibitygiget?
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Here

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
        I'm almost afraid to ask but what is a Flibitygiget?

I'm sorry I assumed everyone has seen it here. It's a handy tool that I have only seen on this forum in the form of an ad, perhaps your have an adblocker?

At any rate if you use a tarp for shade there in Az you should check out the link MacGyver added.

Cheers...

Comment

Yeah, the manufacturer used to be active on this forum. Haven't seen him post in a while. I just tie a small piece of paracorc onto a rock and toss it over the limb I want. Then tie a top onto the paracorc and pull it over. Tarps for shade are awesome.
          Nights camped in 2019: 24
          Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

I still don't get what it is or how to use it

Comment

I have been thinking that I need a more elegant solution to rain-proofing my Coleman cabin tent than simply draping a tarp over the top of it. I like the pictures that come with the Flibitygidget ads, I just don't need a Flibitygidget to accomplish it. YMMV!
              2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I saw the vid. If I understand correctly, it is a hook on the end of a stick, but you supply your own stick, is that it? Use the hook-stick to get your rope over a branch instead of tossing it over, I think was the deal

I have to say, that the video I saw was perhaps the worst promotional video I have ever seen. Filmed with lighting from behind so that eveything is a shadow. Nearly twelve minutes of watching a guy walking back and forth across his lawn to gather and EVENTUALLY set up a tarp. The demo of the use of the product was MAYBE 50 seconds tops and if you try to fast-forward though the rest if the twelve minutes you miss it

Anyway, I can set up a tarp faster than it takes to watch the hook-stick video, so I don't see any advantage to it

Comment

I thought it was just me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see it - especially not at that price. When I first looked at it, I was thinking maybe $5. I can get a rope 10 feet up and around a tree with a straight pole and that's all I would need it for. If I did want some kind of a hook, that's when the MacGyver comes in and I bend up a coat hanger. :D

Comment

I saw the vid. If I understand correctly, it is a hook on the end of a stick, but you supply your own stick, is that it? Use the hook-stick to get your rope over a branch instead of tossing it over, I think was the deal

I have to say, that the video I saw was perhaps the worst promotional video I have ever seen. Filmed with lighting from behind so that eveything is a shadow. Nearly twelve minutes of watching a guy walking back and forth across his lawn to gather and EVENTUALLY set up a tarp. The demo of the use of the product was MAYBE 50 seconds tops and if you try to fast-forward though the rest if the twelve minutes you miss it

Anyway, I can set up a tarp faster than it takes to watch the hook-stick video, so I don't see any advantage to it
                    Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                    I thought it was just me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see it - especially not at that price. When I first looked at it, I was thinking maybe $5. I can get a rope 10 feet up and around a tree with a straight pole and that's all I would need it for. If I did want some kind of a hook, that's when the MacGyver comes in and I bend up a coat hanger. :D
                    Yeah, it isn't just you guys. This seems like something you would see on an infomercial. It did a better job on selling me a large tarp than the flibitywhatever.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

count me in as one that doesnt get it,
                      thought it was a joke at first, but keeps popping up,
                      for those that purchased the thing i am selling accessories for it,
                      a $30 stick, shipping will be additional $20

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                        Ya. Hmmmm at $15.00. I am thinking there must be more to it than meets the eye. I hope so

The sad irony is that while $15.00 might seem like a lot to us as consumers, I bet the producer/seller is probably not even breaking even. "Made in the USA", tooling costs, minimum quantity requirements, patent fees, on and on, you either have to sell a lot of a product or charge a lot, or both to make it work, and sometimes even those valiant efforts aren't enough to make a product successful

God bless the inventors and entrepreneurs that create gadgets and invest in bringing them to market. It is what keeps our economy vibrant. Sometimes, though, the value equation doesn't seem to fit the masses. I dunno. Hopefully there are a bijillion folks out there that think the flibitygiget is the coolest thing and the inventor/entrepreneur is enormously successful
                        Last edited by Mike; 03-27-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X