Coleman White Gas Stove Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman White Gas Stove Repair?

Before I tear this thing into lil bitty pieces I'm wondering if my assessment is correct or not.

My secondary burner won't turn on so I'm thinking I just clean the manifold first (seems easiest)as opposed to the burner. Makes sense to anyone else?

TIA!
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Re: Coleman White Gas Stove Repair?

Couldn't wait sooooooo I took the manifold apart, cleaned the long thingie with a needle at the end w/ steel wool, can aired the tube that holds the long thingie with needle on the end, cleaned the filter for the generator, strained the fuel (it looked pink from sitting in the generator over the winter.....dunno) and woohooooo all burners are working again!
    Princess is off to Cape May with her bestest friend until Friday so I can finish packing much with gusto. Yeahhhhhhhhh!
    2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
      Before I tear this thing into lil bitty pieces I'm wondering if my assessment is correct or not.

My secondary burner won't turn on so I'm thinking I just clean the manifold first (seems easiest)as opposed to the burner. Makes sense to anyone else?

TIA!
      What you're going to want to do is take the manifold apart, clean the long thingie with a needle at the end w/ steel wool, can air the tube that holds the long thingie with needle on the end, clean the filter for the generator and strain the fuel (if it looks pink from sitting in the generator over the winter)

That should take care of it no problem.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Thingies are the foundation of modern society:rofl:
        2017:

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
          Thingies are the foundation of modern society:rofl:
          Yes, thingies are right up there with doohickies and whatchamacallits
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Good for you to get it running! One of my hobbies is collecting camping lanterns and stoves. If you ever need any help just ask. Several times on camp outs I have fixed peoples gas appliances. Just started playing with Coleman indoor lamps.

Here is the first lamp I got to burn...

Comment

Working...
            X