Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Camping Ideas

Hello All,
    I am new to this forum. Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I am going camping with my fiance Sunday - Tuesday this week. She has never been camping before, but I have. This is my first time leading the ship, I have always gone with more experienced people. Looking for a nice campground with some sort of activity, preferably on the water within a few hours of New York City. Does anyone have an ideas for me? Looking for something with a little bit of space and seclusion.
    With Gratitude,
    Gregg

I looked into Fish Creek, but it seems that if you have a boat, it would be much better...
    Thank you again

Re: East Coast Camping Ideas

There is a campground we found wonderful - I think it is called bull run park - I will check with my sister and see if I can get the site for you - it is on canals and probably in Delaware or NJ officially, but is closer to NY city. We canoed the canals, dodged geese in the spring. Was fun and My first camp learning experience. Huge campsites and you can group camp - I will email her right now and see if I can get the proper name. n

Comment

Re: East Coast Camping Ideas

Just typed a thing and lost it - don't know how. Anyway the name of the campgrounds is Bulls island state park. Beautiful, big, canals, geese, butterflies. This was in May. Many years ago. I think you have to make reservations. Not far from Princeton NJ - took us about 1hour and 15 minutes to get there from Neshanic Station NJ and my sister can see the manhattan skyline from her deck on a clear day. Might be close enough for you. They do have website. n

Comment

Working...
      X