Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping advice for foreigners (between DC, Baltimore and Phily)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping advice for foreigners (between DC, Baltimore and Phily)

I'm in the US working til the end of March and then I'll get a visit from the coolest girl ever. We'll meet in DC and end up in Phily (with Baltimore in between). We have around 2 weeks and thought about doing some camping (a day, maybe two) between the cities. We found a site where we can rent camping equipment, so we won't need to lugg it across the pond and through TSA.

What we've been thinking was to hike from somewhere close to Baltimore, camp somewhere for the night, do more hiking the next day and camp again, and then go from wherever we end up to Philadelphia.
    Alterntively we could do the same between DC and Baltimore.
    The dream would be to camp without many other people around, not like a campground where a tent is next to the other tent. Do you guys have any advice on that? It doesn't have to be a specific place, I'm rather looking for a trail where we could pitch a tent by the side sometime in the evening.

Another option we talked about, was that we could rent a car in Baltimore, go camp somewhere, do some hiking loops and then drive to Phily (or between DC and Phily again). Any advice for that?

Nothing is set in stone for us so far (except that we'll meet in DC and end up in Phily), so any advice is appreciated. Thank you!
Working...
X