hello from nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from nebraska

I just wanted to say hello. I found this forum a few days ago did some reading and thought I should join. I live in lincoln ne and have 2 young kids 5 and 1.5 and a future wife next month. I camp in tents when I go hunting which is only a few times a year. but want to get my kids even more into the outdoors than they already are.

Re: hello from nebraska

wow not a very friendly bunch

Comment

I moved your Hello to the General Camping Chat...more might see you here instead of just "Tent". BTW Hello
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

Hi loock28 and Welcome to the Forum! (I didn't spot your post til just now).
        2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
        Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
        Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
        Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Welcome. Sorry for the delay, but new member posts have to go through moderation (first 6 posts) and they don't show up in the "New posts since your last visit", so they get missed until a non-moderated member posts.
          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Hello and welcome loock. Congratulations on your impending nuptials.
            I'm just back from my annual kiddos' camp trip so get what you're are saying about the little ones discovering the outdoors.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

What is camping like in Nebraska? I was there in the winter once. Screeching bitter cold winds cut right through me. Nebraska folks are a hearty and tough lot indeed!

My image of Nebraska is treeless prarie. There must be more to it than that.
              Last edited by Mike; 07-25-2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hello loock28. I'm also new here. As a novice I may also understand how thrill your kid will be when they enjoy.

Comment

Welcome from Montana !! A lot of reading here w/ tons of info. Enjoy your stay & happy camping to ya !!
                  2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Working...
                  X