X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping Plans 2016!

aside from my usual solo trips
    have 2 trips planned
    1 trip is with my nieces, its a father/daughter camping trip, about 5-10 dads, and 10-20 teen girls, this is my 3rd trip with them,
    everyone has a blast, the kids talk about it all year and look forward to it.
    another trip is with 3 long time buddy's we have known each other for +30 years, we dont get to see each other much but we have planned a camping trip on my friends land,

Comment

Woo-hoo! First camping trip reserved! Success! Going to Little River State Park and planned to go on the same weekend as a Renaissance Faire in the next town over, gonna be a fun weekend! I can't wait to bring the girls to the Faire, I think they will have a blast! I've camped at Little River once before with my Mom when I was a teen so I'm excited to go back again all these years later and share it with my kiddos.

Now to just nail down the other trips for the summer.... LOL!
      Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Booked a full campground (it's tiny!) for a long weekend in August with 30 odd peeps I know that are still mourning the death of David Bowie.

Since we'll be the only ones in attendance we plan to be loud and proud, singing his songs, his peers' and types of music he likes.

I'm bringing a karaoke machine and don't give a proper damn who knows it. :tussor:

All the sites are primitive with only a 1930's era manual water pump at the start of the campground and a creepy lavatory that I hope nevah to have to use:D.

Thankfully, some of the attendees will be musicians with access to road worthy motorhomes so we'll have generators, more than one indoor kitchen, and at least 3 RV bthrms.

Since only 4 of us do any form of camping on a regular basis and I'm the only one that knows the campground, I'm the majordomo in charge of logistics.

Looking forward to this in a "check ignition and may God's love be with you" kinda manner.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

You need to rename the campground Suffragette City while you're there.

Comment

We have our reservations made for a week in Yellowstone in September. We'll be staying in Madison Campground in Yellowstone. It looks beautiful. Looking forward to doing some hiking and site seeing there.

Last fall we fell in love with the bad lands. When we leave Yellowstone we are heading to Custer SP. We plan to hike, relax and enjoy the scenery. I am hoping to find find a secluded place to sit quietly enjoy the views and read.

Comment

Weekend of 4-??-16 will be first trip of the year. not really ready but I am going....LOL.....
              Jack
              Last edited by action; 04-09-2016, 02:57 PM.
              Thrift store tent
              Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Going out for a four day weekend on the 21st. Not sure how many people are confirmed to go, but it should be at least a dozen. First trip out with the new solar setup and stereo... should be a great party! Just wish I could decide which tent to take.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                  Going out for a four day weekend on the 21st. Not sure how many people are confirmed to go, but it should be at least a dozen. First trip out with the new solar setup and stereo... should be a great party! Just wish I could decide which tent to take.

Sounds like a good time.
                  Jack
                  Thrift store tent
                  Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Trying to get a trip set up for the 2nd-6th of june. a little road trip with some fishing and camping thrown in.
                    Jack
                    Thrift store tent
                    Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

I need to find a site to watch the Perseid meteor shower in mid August and as is my norm forgot the danged date for making the reservation. Wanted to do the viewing on a water access only site upstate NY but yeah what a shocker it's long gone. Ah well I'm sure whoever was smart enough to book it will enjoy.
                      2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Camping for a couple of nights at DarterFest in Birmingham this coming weekend. The Turkey Creek Nature Preserve is allowing a few of us fish nuts to camp there, which is normally not permitted.
                        2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Preparing for a 40mile 3 day hike with the missus later this year. She's a bit worried its too far so we are working up to it gradually going for further hikes and camping with minimal gear till she is ready for it.

Comment

Wahoo! Second trip finally nailed down and booked! Headed to Elmore State Park in July with some friends that haven't camped in ages... so it should be interesting... LOL! They also have an 18 month old that has never camped before, I'm hoping that he does ok and his Mom isn't a basket case the whole trip. I guess we'll see...

This will be another new park for me this year, I'm trying to camp at new parks every year until we hit them all and pick our favorites to return to. Elmore looks really nice for the kids and has a great beach/swimming area they will enjoy.

This *might* be it for camping for us this season, I fear. Hubby is starting full-time nursing school in the late summer so our season will be cut kinda short this year. At least we have the free day use admission this year so will be planning as many day trips as we can!
                            Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Originally posted by Shortpants View Post
                              Wahoo! Second trip finally nailed down and booked! Headed to Elmore State Park in July with some friends that haven't camped in ages... so it should be interesting... LOL! They also have an 18 month old that has never camped before, I'm hoping that he does ok and his Mom isn't a basket case the whole trip. I guess we'll see...

This will be another new park for me this year, I'm trying to camp at new parks every year until we hit them all and pick our favorites to return to. Elmore looks really nice for the kids and has a great beach/swimming area they will enjoy.

This *might* be it for camping for us this season, I fear. Hubby is starting full-time nursing school in the late summer so our season will be cut kinda short this year. At least we have the free day use admission this year so will be planning as many day trips as we can!
                              Good on ya. If this is going to be it for the rest of the year best to make it count.
                              “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                              – E. B. White

Comment

I'm very peeved.
                                Was trying to book a camping trip upstate NY to watch the Perseid meteor shower this year.
                                Unfortunately, RL is getting in my way.

First, the moon is not optimum for viewing. Well I could get over that and just enjoy a regular night sky and good company but nooooooooo, secondly, the demned lawyers are wanting that week to close on a real estate transaction.
                                Bet they change the closing date again but of course that tends not to happen until the day before..........GRRRRR.
                                2017:

Comment

Working...
                                X