4 years since I was banned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 years since I was banned!

Well, I just saw that it has been 4 years since I was banned as a "spammer". Used a different name back then, and for some reason Reno aka desert fox, banned me. He claimed it was an accident.
    Wonder what ever happened to him.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Re: 4 years since I was banned!

Last I recall of reno is he was ill and his life was changing because of it.
    He and hogsnapper were great mods who knew what was going on.
    Miss them both.

Thanks for explaining your "banned one!!" tag...always kinda wondered about that :D.
    Last edited by NYCgrrl; 03-06-2016, 06:34 PM.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I have been banned from only one forum in my life, due to a stupid mistake on my part and total idiocy on a mod's part. Found out later he had died of a heart attack - the way he cursed and flamed me, he likely got ticked at another member and blew a gasket. I snuck back in under a different name. I go there maybe twice a year. The membership just didn't 'gel' with me. Far too much horseplay, trolling by members and mods, and just plain churlish behavior.

This forum isn't one of my primary forums, but the members are generally far better behaved. It's nice to discuss things among adults. :-)
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

To date I haven't been banned anywhere online.
        I work hardddddddd to be polite on the 'net to counter my professional life :money:.

There was a bar/disco that 86d me back in the day though.
        Sorta kinda oops.
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

There is a hunting forum i am in
          The mods are political extremist
          Everytime i post something political i get banned

Comment

I left two forums in the same week and in the same way. I deleted all my posts and messaged the mods to disable my account. One sent me a message thanking me for cleaning up my posts before I left, the other one sent me an email cussing me out for messing up their forum and to tell me I was banned for life. That's funny to me. It's pretty easy to get a new IP, a new email address and go back into any forum under a new name.

Comment

I have never been unwillingly banned - temporarily or permanently.

There was one website I was on for photography when I was first getting into photography. I was naive and didn't read the TOCs before joining. Found out from another poster that the website owner was claiming unrevokeable full rights in perpetuity of any photo we posted. We tried to get him to change the TOC to a more fair and reasonable agreement but he just got mean and nasty. My photos weren't anything special, but I certainly wasn't going to give them away like that. Sheesh, let someone else have an opportunity to make money from my photo and I get nothing - don't think so.

I ended up sending him a formal letter telling him that he was to delete every one of my photos in his possession, including any and all backup servers. If he ever tried to use or profit from any photo I had posted, that I would be obtaining an attorney to take him to court. He caved quickly and told me I was banned for life. Gee, I'm so torn up about it...

I did learn my lesson and read the TOCs before I post any photo.
              “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

On one forum I am on, I have the proud claim to be the most "moderated" member of the forum. Yet none of them has the heart to wave the Ban stick :-)
                2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
                X