Debx77

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debx77

We just bought the Bushnell 15x9 9 person tents reviews seemed anyone out there in tentING land have one? It seems pretty sturdy I'd like some input if you guys think it's a good buy.

Re: Debx77

Originally posted by debx77 View Post
    We just bought the Bushnell 15x9 9 person tents reviews seemed anyone out there in tentING land have one? It seems pretty sturdy I'd like some input if you guys think it's a good buy.
    Hi, deb, is this the model you are talking about?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bushnell-S...-Tent/41737130
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Yes it is it seems like a pretty good one I hope

Comment

Do you have one too

Comment

Originally posted by debx77 View Post
          Do you have one too
          Sorry, no, I don't. When I bought my tent don't think instant tents had been invented or extensively marketed yet. I must say that I'm seeing more and more of them on campgrounds.

As far as the specific model you are asking of don't recall ever seeing it before and unfortunately I cannot find any specifications for it. I will say I tend to be leery when that information isn't readily available.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
            As far as the specific model you are asking of don't recall ever seeing it before and unfortunately I cannot find any specifications for it. I will say I tend to be leery when that information isn't readily available.
            I am also leery when a tent maker doesn't list basic specs as to the type/denier of material used and the waterproof coating type and thickness. I always take waterproof mm ratings with a wink as I don't think there are any independent tests to verify the number stated by tent makers, but I still use them as part of my overall review of a tent. But when a tent doesn't even state the waterproof ratings, that sends up red flags.

This tent appears to be made for Walmart and Amazon and licenses the Bushnell name. I have no idea who makes this tent. I suspect it might be Coleman as this tent has the new Heat Shield technology which is supposed to keep the tent cooler inside by reflecting the sun's rays. Coleman also just introduced this feature....and may be licensing out the technology to other makers. idk.

Regardless...you can have a waterproof tent almost guaranteed, no matter the weather, if you bring a tarp large enough to cover the tent. If it continuously rains and the fabric begins wetting through and "misting" the interior with every raindrop, a tarp over the top of the tent will put a stop to that problem. Not the most attractive option...but it's effective and cheap.
            2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
            Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
            Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
            Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

I read through the Q&A section and the questions were answered by Ozark Trails. When asked directly if the tent was made by Ozark Trails the response was that Ozark Trails is a Walmart brand and several manufacturers produce goods for Walmart and one of those manufacturers makes the tent under a Bushnell license. So we know that at least one manufacturer makes both Ozark Trails and Bushnell tents. I would not be surprised if they also make tents for Coleman. In fact, I would not be surprised to learn that some of the high end imported tents also come from one or more of the manufacturers that sell to Walmart.

I read several reviews on the tent and they were mostly good. The main negative was that the floor was not a bathtub style and was make from polyethylene. For the OP, it is very important that you get a good heavy duty tarp to put on the ground under the tent floor to keep from poking holes through the polyethylene.
              Last edited by JoeN; 03-25-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Chinese. They're all Chinese.
                2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Actually, the info page for the tent said it was made in Bangladesh.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeN View Post
                    Actually, the info page for the tent said it was made in Bangladesh.
                    Ah! Well, that's OK, then!
                    2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by JoeN View Post
                      I read through the Q&A section and the questions were answered by Ozark Trails. When asked directly if the tent was made by Ozark Trails the response was that Ozark Trails is a Walmart brand and several manufacturers produce goods for Walmart and one of those manufacturers makes the tent under a Bushnell license. So we know that at least one manufacturer makes both Ozark Trails and Bushnell tents. I would not be surprised if they also make tents for Coleman. In fact, I would not be surprised to learn that some of the high end imported tents also come from one or more of the manufacturers that sell to Walmart.

I read several reviews on the tent and they were mostly good. The main negative was that the floor was not a bathtub style and was make from polyethylene. For the OP, it is very important that you get a good heavy duty tarp to put on the ground under the tent floor to keep from poking holes through the polyethylene.
                      I think we have a winner,I think you nailed it joen alot of things share the same mother company and sold under different names , I know the mtd lawn mowers sold at walmart share the same part numbers as my craftsman and John deere. The blades for my mower with craftsman stamped on them are twice as much as the same blade at walmart with mtd on it .

Comment

Working...
                      X