Dealer pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer pricing

Hey guys I know this is a general question but I'm looking to purchase a 5th wheel from a dealer and the list price is 17,500. How much do they generally take off and how can I find the value of the camper?

Re: Dealer pricing

Originally posted by Dieselman View Post
    Hey guys I know this is a general question but I'm looking to purchase a 5th wheel from a dealer and the list price is 17,500. How much do they generally take off and how can I find the value of the camper?

Hey Dieselman. At that price I'm guessing the trailer is pre-owned. If so, they may not move much on the price. But, it really depends on what they gave the previous owner as trade. Or, they may have picked it up at an auction for pretty cheap & they have plenty of wiggle room on the price. Here's a link where you should be able to find the value. Once you find the value, make them an offer & go from there. Good luck to ya !!

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/Travel...ers-5th-Wheels
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Re: Dealer pricing

I Googled my travel trailer to see the range of prices. There was a 4k price difference across the dealerships that I viewed online. Then I factored in availability and quality of service after the sale. Keep in mind that some dealers will not work on a travel trailer that was not purchased from their dealership, unlike when buying a car.

I ended up buying at a small RV dealership that has continued to give me great service. They were in the reasonable range of markup, and I liked that I bought local.

I am now on my second trailer from them. They actually told me to wait when I was ready to trade in. They knew that they were going to get in my Shasta bunkhouse and I would like it better than the one I was considering. They were right, and I appreciated that they did not go for the quick sale.
      Last edited by actad; 05-20-2016, 06:20 PM.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
      X