X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How far in advance do you plan?

^^^^^
    .............U been hanging out with my man I see.........:he:

He escaped my grasp yesterday so as soon as I get off this keyboard I'm tying his butt to a chair and returning to my scheduled want to do the toiletry bag thingie.

You can run but ya really can't hide.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      I always intend to make notes on what I need but either forget to make the notes or forget that I made the note.
      i just follow others notes
      skeeters go away stuff , check

Comment

I have a set of "notes" saved in my phone: "still to buy", "still to do". I update that for each trip and as I buy/do things, I erase that item from the list. When the list is empty, it's time to go camping. Works well since I always have it when shopping. Lately, I've gotten into the habit of having Safeway grocery delivery one or two days before my trip. That allows me to create my grocery list over time and not have to spend time doing last minute shopping. It also means that there are groceries in the house when I return from my trip (usually 4 day trips) so I don't have to go out shopping then either.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I usually plan several months in advance to ensure we get the right location. As a primary tent camper, it is important that you have the right location. Reservations can go fast during the prime season. I also use the time to plan out the trip and ensure that I have all of my supplies prepped and ready. My next trip will be in the Smokies on the TN side of the mountains. Cant beat the views.

Comment

Thinking about camping near Texas. Natural Bridge Caverns seems to be a must visit. And it will take me at least one month to plan.

Comment

Other than coordinating with others, About a week. I pull my totes out and compare them to my spread sheet to make sure they are stocked, test my heater if its going to be cold, get my bulk propane tanks filled, and give the truck and trailer a good once over. Most of big gear lives in the shed out back and the rest lives in my office closet. I usually start digging it all out 2 days before and stack it all in the dining room. The night before we leave I catch the grocery store, stock the cooler and load alot of the bigger stuff on the trailer. The next morning I spend about an hour loading the rest of the gear and we hit the road. We camp dispersed , so no reservations are needed.

Comment

Working...
              X