Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

We just wanted to say hello and thank you for allowing us to be part of this fine forum. We live in the Virginia Beach area and can not wait to start camping. I have camped out when I was younger and single but this is the family's first time this Memorial Day weekend. We plan on camping at least one weekend a month thru the summer starting at First Landing here in Virginia Beach. Pocahontas State Park is another goal for the summer but we haven't found a good spot in the Outer Banks of NC. Any suggestions for great camping spots in VA/NC is appreciated and again, thanks for letting us be a part of this great community.

Re: Introduction

Welcome!

Enjoy!
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Hiya and welcome Godskids 27!

Not really my part of the country to say yes or no to camp at but listening with open ears cause you never know where the road will take ya.
      I'm sure there are others closer to you that will chime in eventually.
      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Welcome
        JohnJohn
        ---------
        Forum Admin

Comment

Welcome! We visit family in VB each November as part of a Navy reunion weekend. Love the area.

If you can come across the state line a bit, there is some fine camping here in West Virginia in the Lewisburg area off of I64
          Last edited by actad; 05-24-2016, 10:23 PM.
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum
            “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
            – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
            X